North Korea jammed GPS signal in South Korea

Last week, South Korea's capital region experienced disruption of GPS signals that caused malfunctioning of mobile phones.
According to some reports, North Korea was behind all this.

Communications officials could not say whether the North Korea was behind separate cyber attacks on government websites including that of the presidential Blue House and the Defense Ministry since Friday that slowed or disabled them for hours.

If the North were responsible for either or both of the incidents, it could mark an escalation of tension between the rivals already high from two attacks on South Korean territory last year and ensuing exchange of threats of war and retaliation.
North Korea was suspected of a massive wave of cyber attacks on U.S. and South Korean government and corporate websites in 2009.

Replies

• ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Not only that.North has always tried to invade and to get a reason of war with South under the pretext of army exercises.The South has saved the situation so far .But with China backing North and only strong ally of South Korea (i.e; America) being far away,the tensions will always prevail.
    The North anyway a hermit kingdom with poor economy should try to focus on self development rather than hurting South and living in China's protection.
  • andyKane
    andyKane
    North Korea and China are like-minded. They can't stay idle.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The aim of this project would be to build a system that automatically turns ON the street lights when it's dark and automatically turns OFF the street lights when it's...
IBM Research - India invites applications for its 2011 Summer Internship Program in Computer Science, Mathematical Sciences, Cyber-Physical Systems, as well as SSME (Services Science and Management Engineering), at its...
A friend of mine who took the GRE exam on Feb 2011 had a score of 1000, whereas during the mock tests his score was 1300 and above. Verbal-300 Quants-700...
The Extreme Blue™ program is IBM's premier internship program for top-notch students pursuing software development and MBA degrees. Once selected into the program, you will become part of a team...
Hello friends, I am thinking to implement a project illustrating the working of voice recognition door lock system.for this i want to use MATLAB for speech processing.i am not able...