Nominations for editorial team- post here

#-Link-Snipped-#

Post your nominations for editorial team here.

Replies

• Differential
    Differential
    Can the ambassadors apply for this post?
  • Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak
    If you ask me, I wouldn't mind. But then it is difficult to manage both responsibilities. The ambys will anyway be working in close coordination with editorial team from now on.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Is there any Basic Requirement? πŸ˜’
  • Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak
    Yes! You need to be a CEan. Thats basic 😁
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    OK then i am Applying for this here. πŸ˜€
  • Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak
    Okay, so we already have one nomination. Good going godfather. When we have sufficient competition to him, I'll put a poll here. We will have fellow CEans voting on the poll, without knowing who voted for whom πŸ˜€
  • Differential
    Differential
    Well I too am feeling like working as an editor. This is one of the jobs that I liked. I have worked as editor of one section in my college magazine. If you consider me fit (being an ambassador as well) I'm in for it.
  • Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak
    Why not? As I said, its upto you to manage the responsibilities. May be you can do both. Or may be we can find a new amby
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    I'm willing to be an editor. Please consider this my nomination and count me in.
  • Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak
    silverscorpion
    I'm willing to be an editor. Please consider this my nomination and count me in.
    Considered. Now why dont you send me an email with a brief profile?
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Good to see quite a number of responses πŸ˜€
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    cool!
    brand new editorial team !
  • Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak
    Boy we already have 3 nominations on day 1 itself. They are godfather, differential and Silverscorpion. Good going fellas.

Alright before others start raising their hands, let me tell you 4 ground rules for becoming the editor. These are also your overall responsibilities. The fourth one is most important.

1. Be a regular contributor on CE, initiate discussions, monitor sections and build good content.
    2. Speak, write and promote good English (Compulsory)
    3. Be innovative, take responsibility and promote growth.
    4. Follow all the above.

Once the team is formed, they will be informed about their activities.
  • ashuashi
    ashuashi
    I would also like to apply for this post. Count me as no. 4.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    CEans,

Please understand that the editorial team will have to follow deadlines. Another important thing - we don't want flash stars : who appear for a moment and then disappear.

Overall, the editorial team will -

1. Be conducting Small Talks with names associated with engineering/entrepreneurship. Don't worry, we'll tell you how πŸ˜‰

2. Be actively involved in getting engaged with colleges & engineering conferences around the world.

3. Motivate our fellow CEans to write for CE, conduct chats with CEans (Know your CEan), write articles on a regular basis etc.

4. Come up with innovative ideas/contests and conduct them on CE Forums. Also seek sponsors for the contests.

5. Take lead in organizing CE Meets in their own cities.

πŸ˜€
  • kamskans
    kamskans
    I want to be in as well. I had always wanted to be somehow involved in this and I hope you all consider me. So I'll be mailing you soon.
  • Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak
    The_Big_K
    CEans,

Please understand that the editorial team will have to follow deadlines. Another important thing - we don't want flash stars : who appear for a moment and then disappear.

Overall, the editorial team will -

1. Be conducting Small Talks with names associated with engineering/entrepreneurship. Don't worry, we'll tell you how πŸ˜‰

2. Be actively involved in getting engaged with colleges & engineering conferences around the world.

3. Motivate our fellow CEans to write for CE, conduct chats with CEans (Know your CEan), write articles on a regular basis etc.

4. Come up with innovative ideas/contests and conduct them on CE Forums. Also seek sponsors for the contests.

5. Take lead in organizing CE Meets in their own cities.

πŸ˜€
    And this is only 10% of the duties 😎

We are taking all nominations right now. But I'll surely have preference for members who have been here and proved their value for quite some time. Experienced CEans, where are you?
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    I'd also like to join, but not at the moment. Perhaps some point in the future πŸ˜›

I do wish to do some heavy CE promotion for Malaysia, but I'm quite tied up with projects.
  • Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak
    ash
    I'd also like to join, but not at the moment. Perhaps some point in the future πŸ˜›

I do wish to do some heavy CE promotion for Malaysia, but I'm quite tied up with projects.
    Why dont you persuade your classmates and others in your college to join CE? We cal have a meet in KL if we have good numbers. πŸ˜€
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    There are already a number of them on CE, such as Jazlan, Imama, v1r05 and eccentronix. But they are very busy and inactive.

My constant cajoling to be more active doesn't seem to have an affect πŸ˜›
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    i am taking back my nomination please don't count me.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Good. Please nominate yourself only if you are 100% sure that you want to be in the editorial team.
  • Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak
    Looking at the response I feel like withdrawing the request for nominations :-(

Sad!
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    hey count me in.
    i already made 2 people from my office to join this forum and many more are also joining , so count me in.😎
  • Differential
    Differential
    So whats the progress?
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    😁 2 people joined , they are ramana.kurt and aneesh dhuwalia and i think many more will be joining so in a week i am sure abour 20 members ( regular contributors) would join 😁
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Mayur is on vacation and will update the thread tomorrow. He's actually in his hometown and has forgotten to carry his data-card, which is quite normal for him.

He'll be back to work tomorrow.
  • Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak
    With a heavy heart I have to say that we haven't got the nominations we expected. So we are not expanding the team.

Thank you for the response and I'm glad you all were interested in joining the team. Unfortunately no one has made it.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hey, If I want to change my user id, is there any way to do so? ThanksπŸ˜€
Hello everyone..... i am an Electrical Engineer now working in software πŸ˜‰. am good at answering questions on QA and DI of CAT and questions on Electrical engineering.. but please...
Despite of the overwhelming young population under the age of 35, our country is ruled by politicians over the age of 80. The Supreme Court and high court judges retire...
sir iam looing for project topics related to advance welding and robot welding
Hi all, Is it possible to implement stack in SQL server2000