Nokia's first Dual-Sim Phone - C1 : Review

It's a basic phone. Designed for an average phone user.
It comes in 2 Colors: Red and Blue. It's design is sleek but hardly appealing looks.
It has 13-hour long battery life. (as mentioned in the specifications)

Other than the "Switch easy between two SIM cards" feature, the phone is not an impressive model.

With Micromax and Spice mobiles eating up the "less-budget" cellphone market, Nokia's entry into the dual-sim market isn't creating a stir.

What's your opinion?

Replies

• Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    I just heard about this phone. Are both SIM cards active? Or is one offline at all times? It would be useful if you'll still be able to receive SMS on the 2nd SIM, if not calls.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Nokia C1 is just a Double SIM phone.
    We can have two SIM cards installed on this device, choosing which one we want to use when we power up our phone.
    We can’t make or receive calls with the inactive SIM.

But, Nokia has also introduced Nokia C2 cell phone which is Dual Sim. So with it we can receive calls on either number at the same time. 😀
  • ukanth19
    ukanth19
    ya i am also heard of dual sim nokia. it cost around rs.2000
  • Reya
    Reya
    ya it sounds good knowing that we can use dual sim in nokia c1..but it is too cheap i cant believe..r u sure the costs of nokia c1 starts at 2000?
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    Just a question - why would any one need 2 SIMs?
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    I don't know if I should do this, But this advertisement will answer your question. :hehehe:

[video=youtube;2SQQyrYRxcc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SQQyrYRxcc[/video]
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    Having 2 SIM's will be quite useful in some situations.

We can have one office number and one personal number.

Also, for people like me who work away from our hometown, we can have two numbers, one to use in our home town and the other to use where we work.
    If we use the same number in both places, then one of them will be roaming, and it'll be too costly..

In instances like these, it's good to have 2 SIM's. In fact, I heard MicroMax has introduced a 3 number mobile, with 2 GSM SIM's and one CDMA connection.
    You cankeep 2 numbers active at a time. I dont remember the model number, but it's a cool phone.
  • Reya
    Reya
    Micromax includes handsets with battery back up of 30 days, handset switching networks, handsets with Dual Sim/Dual Standby, OHM CDMA handsets, aspirational QWERTY keypad handsets and many others.Currently there are more than 40,000 stores of Micromax all over the country and the company plans to increase this number to 70,000 in the coming years so as to reach maximum users.
    Some of the popular mobile phones introduced by Micromax are as follows:

- Micromax X1i

- Micromax X211

- Micromax X332

- Micromax X1u
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    I don't want to argue or looks foolishly cave-man, but how difficult is to replace the SIM when you go out in roaming? Same is with work and office phone, when you are at work - I atleast ,will anyway use my phone provided by office, for personal calls I have personal phone.
    Is it like after work hours, you have a facility to deactivate the work phone?

i think the use would be - different business plans applicable for different SIM, if HUTCH is providing me hutch to hutch calls for free, and if AIRTEL is providing us with AIRTEL to AIRTEL free with free incoming, may be having two SIMs would be a good idea.

@AKD, thanks for the video. always sensible as usual 😁
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    durga
    Just a question - why would any one need 2 SIMs?
    Well, I've a number that I've been using for last 7-8 years and almost everyone of my contacts has it. However, the data plan sucks and I can't switch to another network while keeping the number (thanks to unavailability of MNP). If I've to talk longer with my family when I'm away, I've no option but to use a new number from the cheapest service provider.

I need two SIM cards.
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    The_Big_K
    Well, I've a number that I've been using for last 7-8 years and almost everyone of my contacts has it. However, the data plan sucks and I can't switch to another network while keeping the number (thanks to unavailability of MNP). If I've to talk longer with my family when I'm away, I've no option but to use a new number from the cheapest service provider.

I need two SIM cards.
    this facet has already been thought of 😛 something more please

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

In an IC engine if you use CNG or LPG the vehcle pick up is reduced.Is it the torque reduction?. Also how can we explain the relationship of Calorific value...
hi every one i have a face book account. i'm receiving lots of requests from people but some are sending requests from fake accounts and they are becoming problem to...
hi all, i am new to embedded systems designing... i am trying to move the robot in all directions using ir rays... i am ready with the receiver part i.e...
hi to all, my questions is, what will happen to the sensitivity of a Hartnell governor on increasing the stiffness of the ball spring. different books say different results. it'll...
Hello friend's, Currently i creating a program(using java) which will display the location of the viewer of a particular site.But i need some help. As we know many sites like...