Nokia's 500 Millionth Phone To Prove India Isn't A Poor Country

Remember Nokia? The company that once was in everyone's pocket? Nokia is planning to sell their 500 millionth phone - a special edition Nokia C3-00. What's so special with C3-00, well the 500 millionth phone will be signed by Bollywood star Shah Rukh Khan and it will be handed over to the highest bidder by SRK himself. But if that's not enough, the winner will also get a chance to watch the IPL Cricket match between KKR & Mumbai Indians on May 22. Nokia said that they will contact the highest bidder to pay the money and then match up the amount and donate it to charity.

#-Link-Snipped-#
Image Credit: Nokia

Nokia's Chennai factory will soon roll out their 500 millionth phone. Nokia setup their plant in Chennai back in 1995 when mobiles were new to India and outgoing call rate was about Rs. 16 per minute (correct me on this, please). Today, Nokia employs over 25000 people and enjoys the credit of being voted as the Most Powerful Brand 9 times.

The current bid for the phone stands at Rs. 3,41,074 and likely to go up. I have no reason to believe India is a poor country. Do you?

Watch following video in which SRK appeals to potential bidders -

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The summer vacations have started with a bang and Airtel plans to ameliorate the enjoyment standards even further. For all the television freaks all around the globe, Airtel has launched...
Looks like the Gaming world is getting ready for the next generation consoles. After Nintendo announced that WII-2 will unveiled at E3, it's a no brainer that Steve Ballmer ordered...
Symmetricom’s QUANTUM™ is the family of atomic oscillators and SA.45 CSAC is the latest addition to the family. This portable device provides the stability, accuracy and reliability of atomic clock...
The leading manufacturer of computer processors is once again in the news because of its new processors Intel Atom and Intel Core i7 which the company will be launching very...
We all have heard about green vehicles, automobiles, green technology, green this and green that. But have you ever heard of a green air craft? Yes that is true now....