Nokia X2-01- Features, Specs, Review & Price In India

Holding this white beauty in my hand, I hereby proclaim that this is, according to me, one of the best qwerty  phone a person can have if the person have a limited budget of 4000 rupees and would not invest on a phone for at-least 2 years.

I am saying this because I am using it. I bought a silver Nokia X2-01 at the end of July and I am happy I didn’t buy any other phone! To talk about myself, I am a person who can use only qwerty phones. I am addicted to the ease of type which qwerty phones provide. Now, I got to warn you if you are buying this phone to enjoy qwerty. This girl over here is the sister of the Nokia 1100 when it comes to the effort you got to apply to press those keys (my favorite when it comes to robust mobiles, currently out of market). I perfected my skills in qwerty in the Micromax Q75 (which I am still using, see my review #-Link-Snipped-#), which had so smooth keys, it felt like butter. I took some time to get used to the hard keys of X2-01.

[​IMG]

Coming to the various other features, if you are an Indian, you will ask about one thing first, its sound. This is one of the two things which Nokia has compromised to cut the cost. Well, it’s not so impressive. To be frank, its low. Its good enough to fill music in a big room just by the touch of the dedicated music key, but not good for a big crowded room. If you like to use headsets, use the ear-plug type headset you get from the Nokia stores. You would not like to hear from the original headset. The sound quality is good, but the volume is low.

The camera is VGA (0.3M). But I love the brightness-contrast ratio maintained by this camera. The pictures taken are awesome for a VGA camera. With the cam, I got to comment on the display. It’s the best in the segment. The presentability of this phone is awesome. Large letters and big icons along with the color combinations are pleasing to the eyes. When it comes to looks, the body is slim, sleek, handsome and beautiful (it can be both a boys’ phone and a girls’ phone) and yes, no one can believe that its cost is below Rs. 4000. Turn off the light and see this baby glow, its awesome!

Messaging is awesome! The messages appear like chat-conversations, easy ton track, and full proof. Predictive Text input makes things lot easier! The GPRS is awesome. An icing on the cake is that Opera Mini is the default browser in this phone.

Some other great things this phone has are as follows:

Dimension - 119.4x59.8x14.3mm
Weight – 107.5g
Display – 2.4 inch TFT
Input – QWERTY keypad with dedicated Music and message inbox key.
Memory – 55MB internal with Micro SD Card support upto 16GB
Data Connectivity – GPRS with EDGE support, Bluetooth v 2.1 and microUSB v 2.0
Camera – VGA with Video capture
Messaging – SMS, MMS, E-Mail.
Entertainment – Radio, Games, MP4/H.264/H.263/WMV player MP3/WAV/WMA/AAC player.
Battery – Standby-480 hours, Talktime-4 hours 30mins

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Researchers at the University of Michigan have gone a step further in the area Unmanned Arial Vehicles (UAV) removing the need for an external power source. It is quiet impossible...
Research teams from Japan's research organization RIKEN have come up with an astonishing aqueous reagent that will turn the biological tissues transparent. The initial tests being carried out on a...
Black boards are going to be a thing of yesteryear. With changing technology, we can talk about the phrase "Gone are the days of whiteboards...". The electronic white board by ...
Google has announced that it will be shutting down some of its experimental services soon. Some of the services will be integrated with already existing products as features. Google plans...
I don’t know why, but I simply love these guys! They really know how to name a phone! HTC, which was not known to many in the world of handsets...