Nokia X In India For Rs. 8,599 - Does It Offer Value For Money?

Nokia X has officially arrived in India. Priced at Rs. 8,599 - the phone offers all the basic features that are expected from mid-budget Android smartphones. Nokia X's two elder brothers - Nokia X+ and Nokia XL should also launch in India before June, 2014. Take a quick look at the specifications offered by Nokia X and decide whether it offers value for money or not. Featuring a 4-inch screen with a WVGA (800 x 480) LCD display, the phone brings in a pixel density of 233 ppi and an aspect ratio of 15:9. The touchscreen offers features such as Brightness control, Tactile feedback, Orientation sensor, Nokia Glance screen, Wide viewing angle and Screen double tap. At a weight of 128.7 g, the phone is pretty lightweight.

Powered by a Dual-core 1 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Processor, Nokia X features 512 MB RAM, 4GB internal memory which is expandable up to 32 GB via microSD card. Nokia X is a Dual SIM phone and accepts micro SIM cards (both CDMA and GSM). On the smartphone's body you will find a 3.5 mm audio connector port and a Micro-USB port. Among the various connectivity options offered, there's USB 2.0, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi: WLAN IEEE 802.11 b/g/n and WAPI. Running atop a 1500 mAh battery, the phone offers a talk time of 13 hours of 2G and standby time of 17 days.

Nokia-X-Dual-SIM

Coming to the photography needs - Nokia X brings in a 3 megapixel rear camera that supports 2048 x 1536 pixels resolution, 4x digital zoom, but no flash. There are the usual features such as auto and manual white balance, Active toolbar, Still image editor, Face recognition, Auto exposure, Center weighted auto exposure etc. If you are taking videos from this camera, the resolution offered is FWVGA (864 x 480) and a frame rate of 30 fps.

Those planning to buy this smartphone can note that inside the box, along with the Nokia X smartphone you will find a AC-20 Charger , Nokia Battery BN-01 1500 mAh, Nokia Stereo Headset WH-108 and ths usual quick guide. A lot of people believe that the phone is a bit overpriced for the features it is offering.

What are your thoughts on this? Share with us in comments below.

Replies

• narayana murthy
    narayana murthy
    finally nokia also became as other mobiles.... features ok..... is qualities is also same as old nokia mobiles because nokia users wanted quality than quantity
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Poor RAM memory and absence of flash makes it a bad conpeter
  • Anand Tamariya
    Anand Tamariya
    SarathKumar Chandrasekaran
    Poor RAM memory and absence of flash makes it a bad conpeter
    And what are the competitors at this price point?
  • Madhava Verma Dantuluri
    Madhava Verma Dantuluri
    Good phone.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Say hello to the Archival Disc - a new optical disc format that promises long term data storage. A single archival disc (AD) will store about 300GB to 1TB of...
A team of researchers from Microsoft has come up with a new technology called 'SurroundWeb' that lets you convert your entire room into a display that can be interacted with....
How can i do cloud computing for an E-learning application by cloudsim as a project
Hi, my name's Arial Salvator. I'm IT engineer and into programming and networking. I do some C,C++,C# and Java projects as an Occupation but i want to make improve on...
how can we generate a voltage of 10Mwatt from microwave of 2.5Ghz ? plz reply fast its urgent....