Nokia PureView Releasing In India This Month!

Nokia Pureview 808 phone+camera is releasing in India and Russia this month. The camera is famous for its 41 MP sensor. We covered the news in detail on VoiCE, check it out and let us know your comments.

Read: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    If it is priced around 30,000 INR, Nokia will have a lot of potential buyers in Indian Market.

On a side note, see the following video. It has all of the images taken with Nokia 808 PureView.
    It also has a time-lapse sequence shot in South Africa with inbuilt sequence shooting feature.
    Settings used: Creative mode / Interval / 30s & 5s

• Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Now people will upgrade from Point & shoot camera to Nokia 808, instead of DSLR 😁
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I seriously doubt whether these phones will ever replace DSLRs. I specifically mentioned the 'entry level DSLRs' in my earlier post. The real power of DSLRs is in producing RAW images with a dedicated sensor; I think mobiles may take some time to catch up with them on that front. Simply having more Mega Pixels isn't the way to compete with DSLRs. Also, a lot of people thing that the more Mega Pixels their camera has, the better is the photo quality. That's totally wrong. Mega Pixels only ensure how much can you enlarge any photograph; which we seldom do.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Well it not going to replace any dslr or even a very good Point & shoot as cameras have lots of control to shoot.But definetly it has large sensor and could be liked by the people don't really don't want to mug arround the camera setting. Definetly it could produce best image than any phone.
    In photography its a saying that best camera is that which is with you right now and a mobile phone a thing which is always with you 😀 so why not a phone with best camera.
  • SKsinha
    SKsinha
    Cameras can be never replaced by any Cellphone regardless of the megapixel comparison. This model may rejuvenate Nokia's Market in India that is a separate issue. I understand that good MP camera is one of the features of a phone and I am never going to purchase any phone for single good reason. Sounds good as a status symbol.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    You guys should watch this video -

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

What is the actual difference between CV, Resume and Biodata? Are they just the different names for same thing?
For those of you who still think that the term Xerox is synonymous with photocopy, this will come as an enlightenment. Xerox corporation has developed a number of products, services...
Hello CEs, why don't we open a dedicated thread/forum topic for all aspiring guitarists out there? Few popular licks or chord structures of popular Hindi/English songs can be posted there,...
Can somebody help me in finding the solution of this question??? what is the coefficient of the term next to 792x^9 y^3 a. 2376 b.2640 c.1782 d.2718 thanks!!
It has been a year since I saw in NatGEo the construction of the Marina Bay Sands Building. I guess it is one of the most beautiful building not only...