Nokia May Launch 41 Megapixel Windows Phone At "Zoom Reinvented" Event On July 11, 2013

Nokia, the Finnish smartphone manufacturer had stunned everyone last year, when it launched the Nokia 808 PureView To Click At 41 MP Camera With Indians & Russians This Month! that featured the astonishing 41 Mega Pixels! And now it seems like, carrying that legacy forward, Nokia's bringing to us a new smartphone at a press event in New York City on 11th of July, 2013. This news started making raves after the company sent out invites to the media personnel with a title "Zoom reinvented". If rumors are to be believed, this 41-megapixel megaphone will have Windows Phone 8 operating system, and could very well be the EOS phone, whose leaked images we are seeing over past few months. The press got excited when following the invites, the folks over behind the official Nokia Conversations #-Link-Snipped-#, put up a blogpost titled "41 million reasons to zoom in". The company believes that the event will be something you would want to tell your grandchildren about. So, let us expect something grand. And Nokia fans worldwide will be able to watch the latest news unfold over a live webcast, right there on the blog or stream on their Lumia's.

Now, even if we aren't yet sure about the tech specs of this new baby from Nokia, we have speculations suggesting a mixed opinion about metallic body or a polycarbonate one for the new Nokia 41 phone. With the combo of a 4.5-inch OLED display with a screen resolution of 768 x 1280 pixels and a 32 GB internal storage, the phone is going to be fully loaded. There are some rumors pointing at a dedicated camera button on this Nokia EOS situated on the right panel.

#-Link-Snipped-#​

And now, though we still have difficulty believing these rumored opinions, there are talks of a non-removable 2,000mAh battery and two variants - dual-core and quad-core. Owners could also find a new "Nokia Pro Camera" app out-of-the-box with a refreshed interface and a manual focus option. With so much information at hand and with the media-lore ever craving for more, we can expect more leaks - both photos and tech specs sheets over the next couple of weeks. If you're a Nokia or Windows fanboy, you have all reasons to keep your eyes glued to the screen

Replies

• Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    Do any one really need a 41 M P Camera?
    Would it be worth spending more than 5 grands, just for a *NOT* so useful feature??

-CB
  • Kedar Malwadkar
    Kedar Malwadkar
    Well, i do not agree! when it comes to phone camera whatever you get is less.
    and this might be close to perfect. Afterall 'Nokia' have the best camera-phones in the market. And this is going to be best of all.
    And if you are worrying about money, remember 'Better gadgets cost us more'.
  • Pensu
    Pensu
    This is ridiculous. This is going to get the same reaction like Nokia pure view got. How does it even make sense to have a 41 MP camera. If I want a good camera, I would rather opt a DSLR!
  • nishant arora
    nishant arora
    I don't much care for the camera in a smartphone. Microsoft should update windows phone 8 with exciting new features and I'll switch instantly or Nokia should start manufacturing android phones right away to regain traction!
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Could be useful for a portable image processing project.. ☕
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Nokia trying to equate a 5D camera in a mobile is a boon for film makers But I don't think it is going to affect commoners much

Here is a review on Canon EOS 5D #-Link-Snipped-#

This camera is just 7 MP higher than Nokia's design let's see how it works when We find it in the market
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    Conqueror
    Nokia trying to equate a 5D camera in a mobile is a boon for film makers But I don't think it is going to affect commoners much
    The whole point I was trying to keep is, do we really need that much high mega pixel in a mobile camera. Does mp is the only thing that matters in photography?

Those who are photographic maniac (I am a one, 😁) knows that its NOT only *MP* that matters during photography. I used Nikon D 40 over 4 years before moving to my latest DSLR love. Let me tell you that oldie 6mp camera used to take better pics than any mobile you bring in today (no matter what mp that supports).

-CB
  • nishant arora
    nishant arora
    Agreed, My iPhone takes better pictures than some of the 13mp camera's on other mobile devices.
  • Anand Tamariya
    Anand Tamariya
    A higher MP would allow one more flexibility in terms of post-processing - perfect for amateurs who can now afford to take a dumb shot and enhance it later. For photographers in the world, they can live with their DSLR.
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    It is rumored that this phone will launch July 11th in US for AT&T. This would be named as either Nokia EOS or Lumia 1020 (next in great lumia series).

This is expected to come with whopping 41 mp.

-CB
  • Neeraj Sharma
    Neeraj Sharma
    I doubt if 41 MP camera in a phone would be as feasible as a digital camera with 41 MP.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Lumia 1020
    Next series should be Nokia Lumia 1100 😛
  • Anand Tamariya
    Anand Tamariya
    Nick_Sharma
    I doubt if 41 MP camera in a phone would be as feasible as a digital camera with 41 MP.
    Feasibility in what sense? Nokia 808 Pureview already has it.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Looks like Nokia 1020's press photo has been leaked.

nokia-lumia-1020

This leaked press image reveals its front, covered in AT&T branding. Another juicy bit which the press render revealed is the Nokia Pro Cam app. Never before seen, the application is certain to be an exciting partner to the handset's 41 megapixel camera.
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    This looks so bulky, ugly.Not so mid-2013.
    Am I the only one who thinks that all Nokia smartphones looks same with different colored body case ?? 😯
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    Abhishek Rawal
    This looks so bulky, ugly.Not so mid-2013.
    Am I the only one who thinks that all Nokia smartphones looks same with different colored body case ?? 😯
    Nope, I think the same too. Was surprised when I checked the Nokia India online store. It looks like they're trying to mimic Samsung with similar looks and eeky colours. Who'd want a bright yellow or red coloured phone for real? What happened to the good old 'real' Nokia?

And I don't even like to use the camera on any of my Smartphones - just use it for some occasions because I don't have a good digital camera right now. But, you just don't get that sexy output like you do on your actual camera. Ofcourse, Samsung offers a lot of after-shot editing options and I'm yet to experiment with the Note 2's camera. I'll probably buy a DSLR or semi DSLR instead of a camera phone for photography. And with 2000mah battery? Are you kidding me Nokia? It won't last even for half a day with all the photography and mobile usage!
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Since, Nokia has hired new CEO from MS, the company didn't showed any improvement nor innovation.Nokia is trapped ! You are in agreement with MS, you're screwed!
    They should've revived the Symbian OS & kept it Opensource. Two more years & Nokia will be for sale, and prolly MS will be the only company to buy it.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    The company on Friday launched its newest Lumia phone 1020 for the US market. But the company is still some time away from bringing the phone to India, where it possibly sees more potential for cheaper phones than this one. The US launch price of the 1020, which has been positioned more as an incredible camera coupled with the existing smartphone, roughly translates to 42,000.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Google Inc. is all set to open a chain of retail stores called 'Android Nation' in India later this year. Call it a we-do-what-sells strategy, if you may, but India...
The professors in my college used to pause between lecture and say “Getting It, Na!” to make sure that the students are understanding the lesson being taught, but at times...
I have heard that recently many Nokia Lumia 720 / 820 users are repeatedly reporting the phone hang issues. The issue is especially reported when lots of apps are installed...
Using of Nano fluids in condensers (instead of water) will be more effective than air-cooled condensers ? and why?
Hi, I'm currently doing a modeling of a combined cycle gas turbine plant (CCGT plant). The simulation goes like: If the steam turbine trips while the CCGT plant is operating,...