Nokia Lumia 630 Priced In India At Rs. 11,500 - All Geared Up To Compete Moto G

Nokia, the Finnish smartphone maker, had unveiled the Nokia Lumia 630 at the Nokia Lumia 630 And 635 - Price, Specs & Features Unveiled back in April. Today, the company has launched this smartphone for its Indian market. Featuring a 4.5 inch IPS LCD display with FWVGA (854 x 480) resolution, the Capacitive Multipoint-Touch screen phone boasts of Corning Gorilla Glass 3, Lumia Color profile and a Wide viewing angle. Weighing about 134 g, the Nokia Lumia 630 brings in microUSB, USB 2.0, Bluetooth 4.0 and WiFi and comes in two variants : Single SIM and Dual SIM. Powered by a 1.2 GHz Quad-Core Snapdragon 400 processor, the smartphone features 512 MB RAM, 8 GB internal memory, and microSD card support up to 128 GB along with a 7 GB of free cloud storage.

Running on Windows Phone 8.1 OS with Lumia Cyana, the Nokia Lumia 630 features a 1830 mAh battery that offers 25 days of standby time and 13 hours of talk time on 3G. Coming with a plethora of built-in apps such as OneNote, Lync (Corporate IM), Office apps, Adobe Reader etc, the phone also brings some good gaming features such as Touch UI, XBox-Live Hub and DirectX 11.

Nokia-Lumia-630-hero

Coming to the cameras - We have a 5 megapixel snapper on the rear with auto focus and 4x digital zoom. It has 1/4 inch sensor and 28 mm focal length. It brings certain creative features such as - Touch focus, Landscape orientation, Auto and manual exposure, Auto and manual white balance, Full screen viewfinder, Geotagging, Automatic photo upload to web services, Full resolution photo and video upload. It can capture videos at 720 pixel and offers video frame rate of 30 fps.

Available in 5 vibrant color options as you can see from the picture, the Nokia Lumia 630's dual SIM variant will be available in India from May 14 while the single SIM variant will arrive in the last week of May. The smartphone is smartly priced at Rs. 11,500 and might compete with the likes of Moto G and Samsung Galaxy Duos.

What are your thoughts on the new gadget in town? Share with us in comments.

Replies

• Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    Ankita Katdare
    The smartphone is smartly priced at Rs. 11,500 and might compete with the likes of Moto G and Samsung Galaxy Duos.
    Moto G wins with 1024MB of RAM over to 512MB in the Lumia 630, 720*1280pixels resolution over to 480*854pixels in the Lumia 630, and it also has a flash (LED) compared to no flash in the Lumia 630. Also the 2070mAH battery in Moto G versus 1830mAh on the Lumia 630.

The only advantage Lumia had over the Moto G is external storage expand-ability upto 128GB for which the scenario would probably favor the Nokia, thanks to the price difference!
  • Aditya Deshmukh
    Aditya Deshmukh
    Anoop Mathew
    Moto G wins with 1024MB of RAM over to 512MB in the Lumia 630, 720*1280pixels resolution over to 480*854pixels in the Lumia 630, and it also has a flash (LED) compared to no flash in the Lumia 630. Also the 2070mAH battery in Moto G versus 1830mAh on the Lumia 630.

The only advantage Lumia had over the Moto G is external storage expand-ability upto 128GB for which the scenario would probably favor the Nokia, thanks to the price difference!
    Don't forget lumia 630 also have a powerful voice assistant: cortana.
    it beats google now in many aspects
  • Rajni Jain
    Rajni Jain
    Following specifications for MOTO G and Lumia 630 is almost same -
    System chip Qualcomm - Snapdragon 400
    Processor - Quad core, 1200 MHz,
    Graphics processor - Adreno 305

MOTO G wins on the hardware war with double System memory - 1024 MB RAM against the 512 MB of Lumia 630. Also, MOTO G has better camera feature with LED and front camera as well which is missing in Lumia. battery has additional juice as well.

For me, bigger external storage do not give enough points to Lumia 630 to win the war over MOTO G.

For me, MOTO G wins this war...
  • Satya Swaroop Dash
    Satya Swaroop Dash
    Since most people are looking at the Nokia Lumia 630 as the Moto G competitor, I too would like to jump in with my two cents.
    People prefer a smartphone depending on its OS.
    If for example I want to but an Android smartphone I shall always prefer Moto G and if I am looking for something cheaper I shall go for any regional manufacturer like Karbonn, Lava, or Micromax. The actual question here is what will Windows fans do ? and the answer is they now have more choices for their buck and the choice to buy the first dual-SIM smartphone with the Windows Phone iteration.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello sir, I want to do different challenging project, pls give me some opportunity.but that didnt do before. This my challenging i want grow up ,pls help he.now i am...
small epc companies in India do they recruit as an intern or apprentice in their company if i`m having a thorough basic knowledge of piping detail engineering. where to look...
apart form general mechanical engineering world how mechanical engineer can think of innovative idea in field of automation,programming,computer languages,renewable energy. need to brainstorm in these topics where to search for...
hi everyone,