Nokia Asha 500, 502, 503 Launched At Abu Dhabi Event - Specs, Features & Price Now Out

Nokia has launched three new smartphones in the Nokia Asha series today with Nokia Asha 500, Asha 502 and Asha 503 at the Nokia World in Abu Dhabi. The Asha Platform family of devices are a range of low-budget smartphones filled with features that suit various categories of audience. Maintaining its vibrant color range, all the three new Asha phones are available in bright red, bright green, yellow, cyan, white, and black. The phones features a new hardware design that combines two finely-crafted layers of polycarbonate: a vibrantly coloured core, beneath a strong transparent layer. The combination captures and reflects light and colour beautifully, without adding to the size or weight.

The Nokia Asha 500 features a 2.8-inch screen, 2MP camera, and comes in single SIM and Easy Swap Dual SIM variants. It will ship for a price of $69 in Africa, Asia-Pacific, Europe, Latin America, and the Middle East. The Nokia Asha 502 features a 3-inch screen, a 5MP camera with LED flash, and Easy Swap Dual-SIM. It will ship for a price of $89 in Africa, Asia-Pacific, Europe, and the Middle East. Lastly, the Nokia Asha 503 features 3.5G connectivity, a 3-inch screen, 5MP camera with LED flash, Corning Gorilla Glass 2, and comes in single SIM and Easy Swap Dual SIM variants. Its official price tag is at $99 in Africa, Asia-Pacific, Europe, Latin America, and the Middle East.

slide
All the three phones features 64MB RAM and up to 32GB micro SD card extendable memory. For connectivity, the Asha Series phones feature Bluetooth 3.0 with SLAM, AV jack, WLAN and Micro-USB support. The battery offers Standby time up to 35 days and Talk time up to 14 hours. The Nokia Asha 500, Asha 502 and Asha 503 come with a new Asha user interface that Nokia says enables faster and easier sharing of images on social networks" thanks to one-swipe access to the camera and a one-touch posting option. Fastlane gives people a second home screen for quick access to frequently used apps and deeper integration with their favourite social networks.

Nokia highlighted that the newest Asha phones will come with Nimbuzz Messenger, the first Asha app supporting VoIP telephony. This means users will be able to make domestic and international low-cost phone calls to other mobile phones as well as landlines. Additional apps coming to Asha phones include: Danger Dash, ESPN F1, ESPN FC, ESPN Hub, Goal Live Scores, LINE with Free Voice Calls, Photofunia, PicFeed, and PicTag. WhatsApp will be available for the Nokia Asha 501 in November, with support for the new Nokia Asha 500, Asha 502, and Asha 503 said to be "coming soon."

Following is the Hands-on video of the Nokia Asha 500, 502 and 503 smartphones from the company as shared on the Nokia Conversations Blog -

Replies

• yogi.bharadwaj
    yogi.bharadwaj
    what will be the prices when launch in india is it less or more and how much time it takes?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

today's app developing world is it secure to move forward as an Android/i-phone apps developer or must have some extra skill set with that needed?
Nokia World conference at Abu Dhabi today saw the addition of two super sized six inch phones to the Windows Phone 8 ecosystem. The Nokia Lumia 1520 and Nokia Lumia...
i am curious to learn iOS app development but i dont have a macBook PC ? how hard would it be for me ? what domain of problems might i...
Java is a horrible language!! Linus Torvalds creator of linux said this! I agree,java is the worst programming language
Can anyone please suggest a name for branch Magazine for Computer Science and Engineering department for our college. So far I have gone through suggestions like The Byte and Casopes...