Nokia Asha 210 Has Dedicated Buttons For WhatsApp, Camera & WiFi

Nokia Asha 210, the new trendy smartphone, that looks like it has been designed to appeal to the instant-messaging-prone young crowd, is now out on the shelves. Be it it's looks or the features it boasts off, Nokia Asha 210 is definitely targeted at the young audience that use phones for clicking photographs and doing long chats with friends.​
After being teased at the company's website earlier this week, Nokia has outed the features of Asha 210 phone. Asha 210 is available in single-SIM and dual-SIM options featuring Nokia's EasySwap technology that lets you change SIM cards without turning off the device. Featuring a prominent QWERTY keyboard and what hasn't failed to catch attention in the headlines - a dedicated WhatsApp button, this feature on Asha 210 comes as a result of the partnership between Nokia and WhatsApp and so, WhatsApp is offering its service for free for their lifespan.​
Other features include a 2-megapixel camera, which has also garnered itself a dedicated button for easy access. And interestingly, this camera button (as you can see in the image above) stays operational even if the keypad is locked. Moreover, this is in a true sense a smart camera, because it will let you take perfectly centered self-portraits, even without a front camera. The built-in voice guides you to right in the frame, before you take the shot. Now, that's something. Users will get apps to edit these pictures they take and options to share them via their favorite social networks.​

slide

Moving on to connectivity, this phone doesn't fall short in providing us a dedicated button for that either. Turning ON WiFi or turning it OFF, is possible by clicking the WiFi button on the keypad. That's the most hassle-free connectivity you get. Then, we have "Slam Sharing" option that lets you connect and transfer data via Bluetooth without the need of pairing the devices. What else, there's a FM Radio and a Nokia Xpress Browser which, according to Nokia, reduces data consumption by up to 90 percent.

Available in the vibrant colors - Yellow, Cyan, Black, Magenta, and White, Nokia Asha 210 comes with pre-installed app for YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Gmail and a Nokia Nearby, a web app that lets people discover points of interest such as restaurants and ATM machines close to their location. So, we are now looking at a phone that is expected to be priced at $72 or Rs. 3,900/-and it is expected to start shipping in the second quarter of 2013. How do you like it? Share with us in comments.

Here's a hands-on video from Nokia for your eyes. Check it out -

Replies

• Pensu
    Pensu
    Dedicated button for WhatsApp? Isnt it a little too much? 😉
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Pensu
    Yeah. Quite amusing. I guess they're pushing it too far. The question is What after WhatsApp? The company is making rounds of the headlines more frequently than before. The last one being - Google is not acquiring it.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Nokia perhaps is running out of innovative ideas.

PS: Has anyone seen the latest blackberry Q10? It looks promising! 😨
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    PS: Has anyone seen the latest blackberry Q10? It looks promising
    😁
    That is why Blackberry sometimes being known as Dynasore age.
    While swiftkey, swype are continuously making easier and less screen tap to type on touch screen by prediction and moreover Google and Apple are improving their voice technology.
    And they think physical keyboard would be breakthrough, really Blackberry?☕

And Nokia 210: design is like *&^(%. By the way nice play with back cover like Lumia and in the ad ( smiling Guy in suite, you really think he would be using Nokia Asha 210 😁.)
  • Anand Tamariya
    Anand Tamariya
    Pensu
    Not at all. If you use SMS a lot (or BBM or ChatOn), it is quite convenient to have a dedicated key for that.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

BMW India is all set to bring forth its facelift-ed BMW 7 Series luxury sedan in India tomorrow. The BMW 7-Series from the German automobile giant will now be a...
Tired of the time it takes to make 200 copies of that urgently needed document in office? A problem to your solution lies with HP - thanks to Officejet Pro...
Hello, I have a quick question to ask here. Recently I wanted to have a roof installed on my terrace to ward off the heavy rainfall. But because of the...
Hi. I am trying to make a database connection in Eclipse with Class.forName("oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver") or DriverManager.registerDriver(new oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver()). I have also added an external jar file classes12.jar but I am getting an...
i make small project myself using java. i have created many frame in a many classes. so i need to open sup window(sup frame) at the time of main window(main...