No import / custom duty on electronics up to Rs. 50K

Quite awesome - the Government of India has decided to scrap the custom duty on electronics of value up to Rs. 50,000. The official notification is available here: #-Link-Snipped-# . Here's a quick screenshot (click to open in full view)

Screen Shot 2016-08-19 at 12.29.49 PM

In short, this means that the huge difference among the high-end smartphones in USA and other foreign countries vs. their pricing in India will no longer exist. Interesting, right?

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I must make it clear that the notification clearly says that this applies when the product is obtained for personal use. Don't expect the prices of the goods in retail stores and online marketplaces to go down; because these imports are commercial.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Wow ! This is really good move as 2,000/- is revised to 50,000/- !

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

​Texas Instruments Inc. in collaboration with Department of Science and Technology(DST) proudly announce the 'DST & Texas Instruments Inc. India Innovation Challenge Design Contest 2016', Anchored by the Indian Institute...
i wonna to desgin robot like these robot use in amzon the name of robot kiva system see the link: and see plllz i need to know the compound
Hey everyone! I'm new on this forum and this is the first discussion I've started. A little bit about me - I have a BSc and MSc in Physics and...
hello guys, Am trying to work on information security system as my project topic using the NAVY as my focus area, please who has an idea on how i could...
YU Televentures, have a brand new smartphone on offering- Yu Yureka S with a 5.2-inch FHD display and 1920 x 1080 pixel resolution adorned with Corning Glass 3 for protection....