Nicotine Patch

Can anyone give me complete info about nicotine patch and their effects on heath and where can i buy it?

Replies

• Pensu
    Pensu
    As i know....these patches are used when someone is addicted to nicotine. I have seen people using it, and these are something like band-aids. They stick to your skin and supply nicotine to your body. I guess you can find them at medical shops. Anyways, r u trying to quit smoking??? Just curious as normally smoking addicted people use them....😀
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    No i don't smoke, actually my uncle is addicted to smoking and the doctor has now warned him if he didn't quit it now , then he may suffer from cancer , so i.e why i am asking about it
    I was not aware of nicotine patch , few days ago i watched one movie of sherlock holmes ,he was using it in that movie,

Is it really effective and available in India?
  • Pensu
    Pensu
    As far effectiveness is concerned i have seen people reducing the cigarette. One of my friend was quite an addict and he has reduced smoking significantly. I think you can also give him nicotine gum, i dont know about their effectiveness but they are said to be good.

Stop Smoking Aids to Help You Quit | Nicorette
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    goyal420
    complete info about nicotine patch and their effects on heath and where can i buy it?
    #-Link-Snipped-##-Link-Snipped-##-Link-Snipped-#Sales Brochures: Nicotine Patch - where is it available in India#-Link-Snipped-#
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    yes,I remembering Nicotine being introduced in INDIA, please take doctor advice before starting any therapy.
    Just a piece of advice,As far as I know, smokers dont quit (human tendency) when they are constantly being asked to. let them take it slowly.
    I have couple of friends who have quit smoking and each had their own ways.
    while one woke on a day and said -" i wont smoke from today" and he has not till this date, its been 3 yrs and others are reducing it from 10- 8- 2 . dont pressurise them to quit , it will only increase their want to do it more. but do sometime mention the ill effects, though they say they know,but it helps.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Iris technology could soon help electric wheelchair users | News | The Engineer
Engineers investigate wireless architecture improvements | News | The Engineer
Lab-grown human brains could control robots, says Kevin Warwick | News | The Engineer
DIY iPad brush
https://www.crazyengineers.com/forum/images/smilies/tongueout.gif