Nexus 4 & Galaxy Nexus Users : An Exciting News For You.

The Juggernaut of Opensource, Canonical announced that on next week i.e. 21st February Ubuntu OS image will be "officially" uploaded in the database.

This is developer's version but if you're an enthusiasts & wanna take look how the OS gonna look at the initial stage then ofcourse no one's gonna stop you you to load image in your Nexus phone.

Ubuntu 4 Phone will be supporting all entry-level & mid-level phones, the entire list of the supported devices will be posted in their website "soon".

Official announcement link : #-Link-Snipped-#

Nexus users! Lucky bastards ! ๐Ÿ˜Ž

Replies

• durga ch
    durga ch
    .. and I thought the news was about google releasing callerfacility (not data voice aka skype) in their tabs :-s.

my bad! this seems to be good news though
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Looks like android and ubuntu are getting closer day by day. ๐Ÿ˜˜
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    ianoop
    Looks like android and ubuntu are getting closer day by day. ๐Ÿ˜˜
    I think exactly opposite because;
    Canonical's marketing strategy : First launch ROM image supporting the most sold Android phones.Allow users to try the Ubuntu OS.Canonical have hired some extremely skilled underground coders (Once Canonical hires you, you're no longer underground).you can see their work in Ubuntu 13.04 leaks.

Ubuntu have very seducing UI which even normal people will crave for it.Canonical have very large developer community supporting it & hence there won't be lack of Applications for Ubuntu ROM users.
    Once Ubuntu OS will earn enough fame, during 13.10 i.e around October-November or 14.04 i.e around April '14 they'll work with big companies like Samsung or HTC for Ubuntu phones.

We might see developers switching from Android development to Ubuntu Development. Ubuntu has already launched it's SDK.Which means Ubuntu Desktop Apps developers will move to Ubuntu Phone development + Android developers switching to Ubuntu App developers switching.

And thus, Rivalry between Google's Android & Canonical's Ubuntu will emerge.

Let's see how Canonical emerges in Smartphone Industry. ๐Ÿ‘

In less than 3 years we'll see Larry Page, Tim Cook & Mark Shuttleworth fighting for Throne.
    Did I said Tim cook ? oops sorry .... He's no longer a competition ๐Ÿ˜›

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Wine, The Application which is capable of bridging Windows Applications/Games in Linux machine is taking a major step in porting Wine to Android to run Windows Apps. During FOSDEM 2013,...
what is brain fingerprinting? what are its applications?
i am student of b.tech final year with stream computer science.i want to make a project on android.help me what are the new about andriod & how we make new...
It is the in thing to say think Out of the Box. But do we know what is the box that is confining our thinking? It may be necessary to...
Dreamliner Battery problems have thrown up interest in alternatives. Batteries are best charged at moderate currents to prevent overheating , explosion and plain poor efficiency. Capacitors on the other hand...