Next CE Meet Location?

Okay,

I'd like to know where in the world would you like to see next CE Meet happen. No, don't name your dream destination - but a place where you can go on a weekend to meet all CEans! [​IMG]

The first CE Meet was held in Pune - 21[sup]st[/sup] June, 2008. What should be the next destination?

[Once we have enough response, we'll launch a poll!] So please reply!

Replies

• sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    It should be Mumbai,or go somewere outside India
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    sauravgoswami
    It should be Mumbai,or go somewere outside India
    Alright. We've a good number of CEans from Mumbai. CEan - MayurPathak is one of them. [​IMG]

What do others say?
  • raj87verma88
    raj87verma88
    I say New Delhi or somewhere near NCR.

@Saurav: I don't see any point in going for Mumbai. The first meet was at Pune which is very close to Mumbai. You can not have consecutive meets around the same area considering that CE is not a local society. An your suggestion for outside India.....well...it won't work. Maximum members are from India and the meet won't be as succesful elsewhere(right now). We can think about that later.
  • gohm
    gohm
    My house is available...
  • KINETIC_JOULES
    KINETIC_JOULES
    Definitely out of my limits.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    It could be anywhere!

Let's form city-groups.
  • sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    hey why dont we vote,big k,u shortlist some venues and we will vote and venue will be decided
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Hmm. I can't shortlist the names right now. We need few options before we add polls. It could be Mumbai, Delhi, Hyderabad, US, UK, Malaysia - just any place!

Let's gather options first.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Alright, is having a meet with my uni buddies (who are CEans.. albeit inactive ones) considered a CE Meet? 😛
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    ash
    Alright, is having a meet with my uni buddies (who are CEans.. albeit inactive ones) considered a CE Meet? 😛
    Yes sire! [​IMG]

Probably, lot of CEans think that CE Meet is something that is very formal. Not really. Even if two - three of your buddies meet and discuss about CE, about activities we can do, how can we promote CE etc., we can comfortably call it a CE Meet.

And trust me - this is just a start. We'll make sure each CE meet gets enough publicity through our website. Once these meets happen all over the world (with two-three members) we'll get more CEans to attend these meets.

Right now, we need pioneers & leaders from all parts of the world. Come on, take the initiative. You're creating history! [​IMG]
  • sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    hey dude, i m overboard,well choose a location and time which is convenient and easy to locate and commute,it will encourage more CE members to attend,is it possible to held a online meet???
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    We've had online meets in past 😀 , on Yahoo Messenger ! But it quickly turns into a fish market 😔 . Of course, I'm game for another online conference. Let's discuss this in another thread.

While I consider Patty's point that we recently had a meet in Pune and Mumbai is a close location; we should not rule out Mumbai as we may get considerable attendance from Mumbai. Hyderabad is also a good choice.

Here's what I suggest -

1. Let's start with threads titled "CE - Mumbai Meet" , "CE - Delhi / NCR Meet", "CE - Malaysia" meet with one volunteer to co-ordinate the meets.

2. Let's keep these threads open to discussions and gather interests from members who live near to these locations. Once we get enough responses for any location - we may conduct meet in that location.

What do you think about this idea?
  • sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    tats a good idea,thumbs up!!from my side,check out with other members too

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

CEans, For the knowledge hungry among us - Google has come up with Google Knol - Knol: a unit of knowledge Unlike wikipedia - Google holds the authors responsible for...
hi ,can you help me out with some ideas for doing projects in the field of electronics:smile:
36 hrs in mumbai-pune.... A day stretched long... The one thing I really like to hate...wasting some precious time...only if i could have used the time available with me. I...
can anyone please tell me a miniproject for EEE which cost very cheap
Hi.... m in final year of information technology engineering... and i want to my project in Networking but i wish it must be something new/innovative... lpz reply if ur crazy...