We need new ideas for special ranks [โ€‹IMG]

Comments are welcome!

-The Big K-

Replies

• crook
    crook
    The_Big_K
    CEans,

We have renewed our user ranking system. The new ranking system is as follows -
    1. CE - Newbie for >= 1 posts
    2. CE - Apprentice for >= 10 posts
    3. CE - Regular Member for >= 50 posts
    4. CE - Enthusiast for >= 100 posts
    5. CE - Addict for >= 250 posts
    6. CE - Maniac for >= 500 posts
    7. CE - DON for >= 750 posts
    We need new ideas for special ranks [โ€‹IMG]

Comments are welcome!

-The Big K-
    Hey that's cool! ๐Ÿ˜€
  • mahul
    mahul
    _k, shouldn't u also consider the content/quality of the posts rather than just the number of posts??
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    mahul
    _k, shouldn't u also consider the content/quality of the posts rather than just the number of posts??
    Agreed!

That's why we have special status for selected CEans who have been adding value to CE Forums. The number of posts is not considered when the user is selected for the special status.

We'll have our next review pretty soon. At the moment, I have my hands full with one very important task.

Any ideas about the special user titles?

-The Big K-
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    The_Big_K
    CE - DON for >= 750 posts
    lol ๐Ÿ˜› Thats cool.
    Yep, Mahul has a good point. I'll try to think up ideas for additional titles too.
  • friendster7
    friendster7
    this is cool but having few more titles will also help..and the contribution of each member to the forum must be considered.

and i will also try to think up ideas for additional titles too.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Must.. reach.. Addict.. argh.

I agree about the contribution from members ๐Ÿ˜‰

Also, a small indicator about posts per day would be cool, maybe like a speedometer. I think friendster7 is going flat out with posts since last month, haha.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    ash

Also, a small indicator about posts per day would be cool, maybe like a speedometer. I think friendster7 is going flat out with posts since last month, haha.
    Sure thing! It would be nice if we can come up with titles which give special recognition to exceptional contributors!

We'll continue to have above user titles which are based on the number of posts. As I said earlier, special user titles will be awarded on the basis of the quality of posts contributed to CE ๐Ÿ˜€.
  • friendster7
    friendster7
    ash

i am not going flat out i am posting 2 posts per day..hope i can have some good stuffs posted in this forum.
  • xheavenlyx
    xheavenlyx
    Yes you can post some good stuff... like this one.
  • xheavenlyx
    xheavenlyx
    ...and like this one too
  • friendster7
    friendster7
    xheavenlyx
    ...and like this one too
    xheavenlyx
    Yes you can post some good stuff... like this one.

what is the point of posting same 2times..(ie like this one )..am i not posting good information out here..any ideas r suggestion on how to improve my post do tell me...
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Can't you see? xheavenlyx wants the Maniac status *grin*

I havent read all your posts, but so far so good, no worries ๐Ÿ˜‰ Don't forget to state the source (with the internet link) if you got some content from the net!
  • Prasad Ajinkya
    Prasad Ajinkya
    So its on then. Nice going Biggie ... I think this forum thingy also has multiple image legends for different user titles as well. Can we make use of them somehow?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    kidakaka
    So its on then. Nice going Biggie ... I think this forum thingy also has multiple image legends for different user titles as well. Can we make use of them somehow?
    The number of stars vary for different user titles. We may have different colored stars for different titles ๐Ÿ˜

Anyone with suggestions for the 'special CEans' titles?
  • just2rock
    just2rock
    great help for all indeed ...thanx for those user title informations
  • ionut20
    ionut20
    thank for the great forum.good luck in having new people in discussions
  • friendster7
    friendster7
    Having red color stars for special CEan's and blue stars for Moderators..i hope we can implement this..this can be easy to identify .
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Blue stars for Mods? I like that.. *grin*
    Oh, theres this "points" system I've seen at other places. Something about rewarding the poster with points if he/she makes a good contribution. I think it relates to rating people.

Maybe we can use that to assess the quality of posts. Rack up the points, you get another special status.
  • friendster7
    friendster7
    the concept of giving points to a post is good idea we can implement that too..it will also help us giving a quality post for the forum..
    nice going ash
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Yeps!

The points system is called as the 'reputation system'. The system allows users to give points (reputations) to other users.

Point noted for our next upgrade! ๐Ÿ˜€
  • crazysandy
    crazysandy
    are newbies allowed here to post a reply..? I mean are they considered?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Oh, come on!

There's no discrimination. Everyone's opinion matters.
  • crazysandy
    crazysandy
    Thanks admin, was just increasing my rating..Just Kidding.

To have a fair rating there can be two titles, one is a normal one which depends on number of posts and the other one on the basis of consistancy of postings. Just as you see in Gmail if a user remains idle the icon turns to yellow.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    crazysandy
    Thanks admin, was just increasing my rating..Just Kidding.

To have a fair rating there can be two titles, one is a normal one which depends on number of posts and the other one on the basis of consistancy of postings. Just as you see in Gmail if a user remains idle the icon turns to yellow.
    That's what we've been talking. Instead of 'consistency', we award special user titles on the basis of quality of posts contributed.

While we have different user titles based on the number of posts, we are still searching for the user titles based on the quality of posts.

Currently we have "CEan - Techie" and "Value Adder", but I think we can surely come up with better titles.
  • crazysandy
    crazysandy
    CE - Trendsetter
    CE - Pathsetter
    CE - superuser
    CE - Guide
    CE - Researcher

Please dont hit me if anything's wrong....
  • gohm
    gohm
    How about terms playing off the crazy part of CE? All in fun of course and staying away from illnesses.

like:

certified crazy
    therapy leader
    keeper of straightjackets
    gatekeeper

Another option would be to use famous historical engineers' names.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    gohm
    How about terms playing off the crazy part of CE? All in fun of course and staying away from illnesses.

like:

certified crazy
    therapy leader
    keeper of straightjackets
    gatekeeper

Another option would be to use famous historical engineers' names.
    Lol, we sound like a mental hospital or something ๐Ÿ˜› However, that is still a good idea. It seems we have different criterias for rating posts now.

I like the idea of famous historical engineers ๐Ÿ˜€ Though, you'd pretty much have to do something really worthy to have the honour for having their name in your profile. I think, anyway.
  • mahul
    mahul
    But have u thought of getting the old posts on dead threads rated?? how do we address that??
  • gohm
    gohm
    ash
    Lol, we sound like a mental hospital or something ๐Ÿ˜› However, that is still a good idea. It seems we have different criterias for rating posts now.

I like the idea of famous historical engineers ๐Ÿ˜€ Though, you'd pretty much have to do something really worthy to have the honour for having their name in your profile. I think, anyway.
    Now you are assuming that is engineers famous for a GOOD reason... laugh! Yeah, I was just tossing some ideas out there. The historical ones would probably be minor roles for the rating and then if there were CE of the year awards (another topic all together) then you could use the big names for something like that.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    ๐Ÿ˜ I believe we should have titles that indicate the type of contribution made by the 'special CEan'.

Keep the ideas coming!
  • friendster7
    friendster7
    BIg_k cannot u increase the post for each title..

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

CEans, Whenever CE undergoes maintenance, the site is taken offline for period of few minutes. Whenever the site is offline, we display a simple message saying "Have a Hot coffee...
Hello, I am planning to do a voice controlled RC car. I have done my research and I have a few questions. I am planning to get the Speech Recognition...
Hello all Engineers, I am Onkar, doing electrical enginnering from V.J.T.I mumbai.Currently I am in 3rd year of my undergraduation course and also I am the GS of my department...
Hello, I just wrote my GRE exam and got a 800 Q and 750 Verbal. I'm so happy with my score!! I'm not writing to brag, I just want to...
i am creating one project in visual basic. but i am getting problem to gave multiple no. of databases to one form. how should we gave no. of databases (of...