New to this exciting world. Which language I should start first?

Hello,
I am a fisrt year IT student and I want to master my self in programming. I am really confused ... please help me..... actually I want to know from which language I should start first, what are the concepts of programming etc.. Thank you...

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Re: New to this exciting world....

abhang_new
    Hello,
    I am a fisrt year IT student and I want to master my self in programming. I am really confused ... please help me..... actually I want to know from which language I should start first, what are the concepts of programming etc.. Thank you...
    IMHO, 'C' should be your start point. C is easy to learn and understand how 'programming' works.

Programming is a vast field. CS guys may answer your query in a better way 😀

-The Big K-
  • Prasad Ajinkya
    Prasad Ajinkya
    Agree with Bigge ... C will ensure that you are comfortable with all types of programming before you decide to abstract yourself in the world of objects.
  • mahul
    mahul
    yeah c is really the stuff u got to start with. u might also opt for c++(if u really have to).and if u r looking for something really very very easy go for basic
  • crook
    crook
    Knowledge of C is a must. Unless you know the structured programming language, it will be very difficult for you to grasp the concepts of Object Oriented Programming.

Start with C and then C++. Once you know the basics of structured programming language and OOP, learning any new language will not be very difficult for you.
  • simple
    simple
    IMO do start off with C but make sure you learn it from a credible source.
    And don't ever underestimate the power of C no matter what anyone tells you.
    good luck!!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

With all the different CAT coaching classes coming up with different cut offs for CAT, so even we CEans should declare our cut offs. CE cut offs for CAT (1...
September 2007 brought a fresh new lease of life to the game of Cricket with the awesome innovation of the Twenty 20 which is all about hit, hit and hit...
Hi all , I hope here i will get a chance to meet real engineers😎 Regards, Rock Mech, make the world !!!
Hi , Pls. tell me diffrence between cat-5 and cat-6 cable. Thanks
websites Hi all, please tell me.............some pcb related websits and blogs.... Thanks.