View Feed
group-icon
Coffee Room
Discuss anything here - everything that you wish to discuss with fellow engineers.
12833 Members
Join this group to post and comment.
abhang_new
abhang_new • Nov 18, 2007

New to this exciting world. Which language I should start first?

Hello,
I am a fisrt year IT student and I want to master my self in programming. I am really confused ... please help me..... actually I want to know from which language I should start first, what are the concepts of programming etc.. Thank you...
Kaustubh Katdare
Kaustubh Katdare • Nov 18, 2007
Re: New to this exciting world....

abhang_new
Hello,
I am a fisrt year IT student and I want to master my self in programming. I am really confused ... please help me..... actually I want to know from which language I should start first, what are the concepts of programming etc.. Thank you...
IMHO, 'C' should be your start point. C is easy to learn and understand how 'programming' works.

Programming is a vast field. CS guys may answer your query in a better way 😀

-The Big K-
Prasad Ajinkya
Prasad Ajinkya • Nov 19, 2007
Agree with Bigge ... C will ensure that you are comfortable with all types of programming before you decide to abstract yourself in the world of objects.
mahul
mahul • Nov 19, 2007
yeah c is really the stuff u got to start with. u might also opt for c++(if u really have to).and if u r looking for something really very very easy go for basic
crook
crook • Nov 19, 2007
Knowledge of C is a must. Unless you know the structured programming language, it will be very difficult for you to grasp the concepts of Object Oriented Programming.

Start with C and then C++. Once you know the basics of structured programming language and OOP, learning any new language will not be very difficult for you.
simple
simple • Nov 21, 2007
IMO do start off with C but make sure you learn it from a credible source.
And don't ever underestimate the power of C no matter what anyone tells you.
good luck!!

Share this content on your social channels -