New to Engineering..Advice Needed !!

Hi,

Am Always average when it comes to mathematics(72%)...as my physics in board is lot much related to that i got average in that too(70%)...but computer was my main interest i chose CSE as my engineering subject(98% in CS-Board)....I know maths is important in engineering areas...how can i solve my issues with maths and be a good engineer..??..

Replies

• Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Looks like meaning of average have been changed until student won't get 90+, it considered to be average.
    Then what would be extraordinary 100+πŸ˜–.

Anyway,
    Scoring in maths is first thing and solving & approach to solving a problem (could be maths) is completely different thing.
    Do you only only want to be first thingβ˜•? Welcome to engineering.
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    From my point of view your marks in mathrmatics is not so bad.
    Yes in engineering you will face physics for 2semesters and maths for 4semesters.
    Try to move with it.Dont ever panic.Group with your friends and try and enjoy maths.It may sound crazy.But no subject is crazier than maths.
    Try to concentrate on following areas:
    1)probability
    2)integration
    3)differentiation.
    Be cool friend.
    Welcome to Crazyengineers world.
    All is well.No one is better than anyone.
    Try to innovate in your computer science area.

Use this website as much as you use facebook or twitter or anyother social networking websites.
    Jai ho to crazyengineers.com

Watch your field discussions(CS).
    Ask questions.Your questions will be answered by professionals and friends.

All the best friend.I am satisfied to this website and My knowledge was definetely improved.

apply for august CEom contest.It will help you to explore more areas in CE.
  • Igneta D'Souza
    Igneta D'Souza
    Scoring high marks doesn't make a person a good engineer. Develop interest towards the subject. Do what you like and like what you do. This would definitely make u a good engineer.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# : Welcome to CE. Yes, math is important; but not VERY important if you're going to study computer science. What you'll need the most for CS is the logical abilities and some real love for computers and programming.

Engineering math could be challenging; but it with some practice and help from teachers or students, you will be able to sail through easily. Of course, you have all the awesome people here on CrazyEngineers who'll be happy to help you with anything you need during and after engineering πŸ˜€
  • mail154
    mail154
    #-Link-Snipped-#

Yes, Surely On This Competitive world, the definition of an average is changed.. πŸ˜€ And Thanks For Quick Reply And Warm Welcome!

CSK AUTO
    From my point of view your marks in mathrmatics is not so bad.
    Yes in engineering you will face physics for 2semesters and maths for 4semesters.
    Try to move with it.Dont ever panic.Group with your friends and try and enjoy maths.It may sound crazy.But no subject is crazier than maths.
    Try to concentrate on following areas:
    1)probability
    2)integration
    3)differentiation.
    Be cool friend.
    Welcome to Crazyengineers world.
    All is well.No one is better than anyone.
    Try to innovate in your computer science area.

Use this website as much as you use facebook or twitter or anyother social networking websites.
    Jai ho to crazyengineers.com

Watch your field discussions(CS).
    Ask questions.Your questions will be answered by professionals and friends.

All the best friend.I am satisfied to this website and My knowledge was definetely improved.

apply for august CEom contest.It will help you to explore more areas in CE.

Yes.. I Know My Maths Mark is Not Bad But Its Not Upto The Mark.. πŸ˜€ I Always Felt that Maths is a Craziest Though I Was Nothing On it πŸ˜€ Please Say Me about the Contest You Mentioned... Thanks You πŸ˜€

igneta
    Scoring high marks doesn't make a person a good engineer. Develop interest towards the subject. Do what you like and like what you do. This would definitely make u a good engineer.
    Yes I Have Love towards CSE..Thanks For Nice Quote And Kind Advice πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€

Kaustubh Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# : Welcome to CE. Yes, math is important; but not VERY important if you're going to study computer science. What you'll need the most for CS is the logical abilities and some real love for computers and programming.

Engineering math could be challenging; but it with some practice and help from teachers or students, you will be able to sail through easily. Of course, you have all the awesome people here on CrazyEngineers who'll be happy to help you with anything you need during and after engineering πŸ˜€

Thank You Dear Good Admin I have Real Love Towards Computer Science And Definitely Would Prosper.. Thanks πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€
  • rahul69
    rahul69
    mail154
    Hi,

Am Always average when it comes to mathematics(72%)...as my physics in board is lot much related to that i got average in that too(70%)...but computer was my main interest i chose CSE as my engineering subject(98% in CS-Board)....I know maths is important in engineering areas...how can i solve my issues with maths and be a good engineer..??..
    Hi there! First of all, it is past and don't let it define your future. I have seen people with 95+ marks in mathematics, struggling in engineering 😁.
    And trust me, a person even with 60's in mathematics can also be an awesome computer engineer, provided he has passion for it.
    If u can think logically, well that's all you need to set foot in CS and rest will depend on how hard u work in those 4 years (and after that too), as this is a field which changes faster than other branches of engineering.
    So if u have zeal for being a CS engineer, go for it, and u will be an excellent one.
    Best Wishes! πŸ˜€
    Rahul
  • mail154
    mail154
    rahul69
    Hi there! First of all, it is past and don't let it define your future. I have seen people with 95+ marks in mathematics, struggling in engineering 😁.
    And trust me, a person even with 60's in mathematics can also be an awesome computer engineer, provided he has passion for it.
    If u can think logically, well that's all you need to set foot in CS and rest will depend on how hard u work in those 4 years (and after that too), as this is a field which changes faster than other branches of engineering.
    So if u have zeal for being a CS engineer, go for it, and u will be an excellent one.
    Best Wishes! πŸ˜€
    Rahul

Yes Rahul69 I Know People who was the state toppers getting into top university of the state which requires 100% in maths were get failed in 1st mathematics...i don't say i can't but i know the concepts of mathematics will be very critical when it comes to integration differentiation like that...yes i am prepared for hardwork and i know its importance..I just stated my marks just to tell my state..thats all...thank you πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€
  • Anand Tamariya
    Anand Tamariya
    Know that Shazam uses Fast Fourier Transform to identify music - that might pique your interest in Maths!!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

We all believe that the future lies with the youth of the country. For the youth to channel their ideas, a proper platform is essential. Do you think that opening...
RedTacton is a Human Area Networking technology, which is under development, that uses the surface of the human body as a safe, high speed network transmission path. It is completely...
My company is facing some financial problems so everyone is leaving it. I have to shift now but till now, i didn't get my appraisal. Now after shifting with 1...
The dark structure almost seems as though it's on a different scale -- like an oversized toy that got mixed in with a matching set. At 156 stories and growing,...
Mulch-function sensing and imaging devices, GPS, communication and computing devices are being ubiquitously used in field by engineers in civil engineering and emergence response practice. Field engineers, however, still have...