New Sections Idea: Feedback Required!

Hello All,

I had this idea of a new section on CE; let's call it "College Corner" to host discussions related to different engineering colleges all over the world. However, we have a section that more or less does the same thing: CE Events section, where students and professionals can discuss the events and happenings in colleges or organizations.

So, do you think a new section for college discussions (like events, happenings, daily updates) makes sense? Will you use it? Will the members want to contribute to it?

-----------------------------------
Second idea is to introduce a new section for discussion of university papers. All our engineering students can discuss their and other university papers through it. So as soon as you come home from the exam, you post the questions on CE to discuss them with others.

Do you think it will be useful? We don't want to introduce a section and then watch it become dead over a period of time like few of our existing sections.

So your feedback on this is required!

Replies

• Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    Hmm new section for discussion for university papers sounds good

I think it will be helpful say if someone finds difficulty on a particular question in exam then he can discuss it here
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    goyal420
    Hmm new section for discussion for university papers sounds good

I think it will be helpful say if someone finds difficulty on a particular question in exam then he can discuss it here
    Yep, I think it will be useful. However, the bigger challenge for all of us will be to keep it alive.
  • Reya
    Reya
    hey thats nice idea biggie..Everybody can share their university questions and we can gain more knowledge.Sections for college discussions makes us to know what happens around us!!hope everybody will co-operate..
  • Gurjeet Singh
    Gurjeet Singh
    university exams happens as semester wise ,so this section will peak in those days when exams are going on. For that students should be putting their sessional questions as well as for this section to keep alive..

PS:Start it as Beta Version 😀
  • rishi0922
    rishi0922
    nice idea,,
    In college corner we will come to know about events, quiz, symposium, interviews happening in different colleges.......and the idea of discussion of university papers is also very nice, but here i agree with cooldudeiet that this section will be more active when the exams will be going on ......so i feel that idea of college corner is the best ..../
  • CIVILPRINCESS
    CIVILPRINCESS
    But that events are already discussed in the events section right:?: And i think we can discuss the papers as some have already done in the respective technical discussions section. I say this because as biggie mentioned the task at hand is not starting a new section, but keeping it alive. It might be active only at times of exams. So we to consider the factors such as these 😀
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Different universities have exams at different times. So let the section take a surge at different times. The only worry is, will it attract members to contribute to it!
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Regarding this question papers , I say that once we have upload feature we can have this section.
    Since, the question papers contain lot of data , diagrams etc etc which is a bit tough to type, so scanning and uploading is easy.
    There is a option to scan and post as a image as well.
    One more method is , we need to give some email to send those papers attached such that the group will post it!

There are pros and cons about posting the question papers:
    In Jntu university(I come from the same) I heard that questions repeat most the of the times, the questions which have problems (solving Energy , power etc) will be given as it is , so we are misguiding people here.
    And , the positive thing would be the questions given in exams are very good questions so if we discuss it well it helps in improving our subject.

On popularity this section will gain importance!
  • Pensu
    Pensu
    Thats a real nice idea......we can discuss our exam papers here.....and i think this kind of section will surely attract members.....you can start with a beta version.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Here is the link and news about the outage of Facebook. Facebook apologizes for worst outage in 4 years - Computerworld
CEans, Most of you are aware that we have relaunched CE Bulletin. With the new mechanism to handle the email delivery, we are now capable of sending beautiful looking HTML...
hello friend's, check out this code import java.applet.*; import java.awt.*; /**/ public class k extends Applet implements Runnable { Image img,im,p; int x=0,y=0; Thread t,t1; public void...
Tata DOCOMO has launched its first co-branded mobile handset OneTouch Net Phone from Alcatel. OneTouch comes preloaded with a suite of Yahoo services alongwith two buttons to launch Yahoo services...
Hello CEans! Lets have our own encyclopedia of engineering terms. Pick a random engineering term,define it,explain it and submit it here. As good the explaination,better the information. Note😛lease provide true...