New Post Ratings & User Title Upgrade System

CEans,

We're super excited to announce new post ratings & user title upgrade system on CrazyEngineers. Our new system goes beyond the traditional 'Likes' system where you could only 'like' a post or just leave it as it is. Our new rating system goes much beyond - with more options to rate any post on CE. We have following types of ratings (displayed when you move your cursor in the post area) -

ratings

Like | Dislike | Agree | Disagree | Informative | Bad Spelling / Formatting | Incomplete Information

The color coding is significant! The ratings 'Like' & 'Informative' are 'Positive Ratings' while 'Bad Spelling / Formatting' & 'Incomplete Information' are 'Negative Ratings'. Others are 'Neutral' ratings.

Note: Positive ratings now have a very important role to play in determining what user title you get on CrazyEngineers. Negative & Neutral ratings don't play any role in determining user titles.

Following chart shows you the criteria you will have to fulfills to get user-title upgrade.

Rating-System-User-Titles

Note: We're still improving the system and few things might not work as intended. If you have questions, feedback, comments; post them below. Of course, don't forget to 'Like' this post or mark it as informative ๐Ÿ˜‰

PS: The user-title system has a bug at the moment and we're investigating the issue. We hope to have it fixed asap.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Forgot to add, this is just the beginning ๐Ÿ˜‰ . Make sure that you attract lot of positive ratings to your posts - because it's going to matter even more in coming days.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    The system is unbelievably amazing. We've been working on it for a while now. It is something that so many CEans have been demanding for a while.
    I hope we all make the best use of it.
  • [Prototype]
    [Prototype]
    Now, that's seriously nice addition. I was totally freaked out to see those green 0 and red 0 at the first place, but then I noticed the announcement.

Great going K. Nice job.
  • Deepak Gopalakrishnan
    Deepak Gopalakrishnan
    Whatay! This is quite nice! Well done K and CE!

Perhaps we could have also done various levels of Engineering... Entrance exam stage, 1st year - 4th year, software engineer, MTech, etc etc ๐Ÿ˜›
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# : Post #2 should act as a hint. A ton of things have been planned and are actively being worked on.
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    God damn ! I love you Biggie (no homo)
    I love this change
  • vinod12345madhu
    vinod12345madhu
    its awesome Biggie ! i just love the way the agree and disagree buttons are used .
  • lal
    lal
    Being mostly on my mobile browser I'll miss this ๐Ÿ˜ My Opera Mini doesn't show the rating options when I hover the pointer on posts. Will check on other browsers and reply.
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    #-Link-Snipped-# I think ranks are not working as intended. Plus I want to know how this rank is given ? Is it necessary that each criteria like "no. of posts" & "no. of positive ratings" should match ?

Let's take an example here of some CEans here :
    Me -> posts=711 & positive counts=254, so CE-star.
    Conqueror -> posts=1601 & positive counts=164, CE-mentor.
    Ianoop -> posts=1303 & positive counts=427,CE-Knight.
    bioramani -> posts=3344 & positive counts=1253, CE-Sensei.

I am not understanding this rank system, I am fitting in all criteria for CE-star, but take conqueror - according to posts he is CE-knight but when we take positive counts into consideration then he comes under CE-Ace.Taking anoop now, as per total no. of posts he comes as CE-Knight but considering no.of positive points then CE-star.While Bioramani is fitting both the criteria. ๐Ÿ˜• ๐Ÿ˜•
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Biggie one small confusion here The whole system is not tallying out here I have not crossed the mark of 2k posts how come I be a mentor
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Here comes CE's Santa with a bang !

Great feature and I'm sure CE is the one and only forum with such cool feature and admin.

Biggie Claus You are Great!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    The titles aren't working properly at the moment, because the counters haven't been reset. I'll do some tweaking during low traffic hours. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • lal
    lal
    Is the ability to edit posts taken away?

By the way among symbian mobile browsers, the rating system works on Opera Mobile, UC Browser and Nokia Default Browser. Can't rate with Opera Mini (browser limitation).
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    lal
    Is the ability to edit posts taken away?

By the way among symbian mobile browsers, the rating system works on Opera Mobile, UC Browser and Nokia Default Browser. Can't rate with Opera Mini (browser limitation).
    Nope, it's still there.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    I am sorry for being rude,
    I think two button and an additional option for flag a post would be enough.
    For an instance If a post is very good for me then I have to choose one of the options like, agree and informative. while would be enough for all of these.Same for for dislike or disagree.
    for bad spelling, (leaving sms lingo) it is necessary for an engineer/CEian to be a English grammar ninja!
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Please don't take this as offense :
    But there is no such thing like -0 & +0 (oh yeah 0- & 0+ exists though).
    I see -0 in "negative ratings",please fix this asap.
    We,Engineers can't afford such mathematical mistakes,right ? ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    ianoop
    I am sorry for being rude,
    I think two button and an additional option for flag a post would be enough.
    For an instance If a post is very good for me then I have to choose one of the options like, agree and informative. while would be enough for all of these.Same for for dislike or disagree.
    for bad spelling, (leaving sms lingo) it is necessary for an engineer/CEian to be a English grammar ninja!
    Agree, Disagree are neutral ratings and have no use and solve the purpose of replying in one word. They shouldn't be counted as 'ratings' per se. 'Like' and 'Informative' are positive ratings which have their own specific use.

Troll_So_Hard
    Please don't take this as offense :
    But there is no such thing like -0 & +0 (oh yeah 0- & 0+ exists though).
    I see -0 in "negative ratings",please fix this asap.
    We,Engineers can't afford such mathematical mistakes,right ? ๐Ÿ˜€
    It's not a mathematical mistake. '+0' or '+342' indicates 'Positive Ratings', and '-0, -422' indicates 'Negative Ratings'. Negative does not mean the left side of the number line and positive does not mean the right side.
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    The_Big_K
    It's not a mathematical mistake. '+0' or '+342' indicates 'Positive Ratings', and '-0, -422' indicates 'Negative Ratings'. Negative does not mean the left side of the number line and positive does not mean the right side.
    I know that sirji, I am just saying that when new user creates id he has his/her statistics like +0/0/-0.What I mean is keep 0/0/0 rather than +0/0/-0,once he get any rating (either negative or positive) then symbol "+" & "-" according to rating he/she obtained is automatically added.

Ex : A new user named "abc" has statistics like 0/0/0, after certain posts, he/she received 1 positive rating & one negative rating, so his/her statistics will be like +1/0/-1.

what i mean is +0/0/-0 isn't "forbidden" or "can't be used", but as CE is Engineering forum, this doesn't look "good".0/0/0 is lot better, just my opinion. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# : That's easy to implement. What do other CEans feel about it? Is it okay to display the ratings with +/- sign or should we display just the numbers?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Update: The titles have been restored for some of our users as per the new system. The work is in progress.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Update: The title system has been disabled. Only the custom titles, manually awarded to CEans will show up until we fix / decide on the user titles.

The rating buttons now show up by default on every post, without having to move the cursor over the post area.
  • sweet_honey
    sweet_honey
    Nice move K..
    We CEans have been asking for such ratings based on likes...
    Though some confusions but hope it will be solved soon..

#-Link-Snipped-# I agree with you that +0/-0 wouldn't look cool for a maths student..
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Hey do change this here you can use Like and Informative as positive rating and Agree as neutral

I think the changes in rating is not happening for informative posts

Do check it ?

I noticed it after you (k) and GF rated informative for that 64k post buddy do check it out
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Conqueror
    Hey do change this here you can use Like and Informative as positive rating and Agree as neutral

I think the changes in rating is not happening for informative posts

Do check it ?

I noticed it after you (k) and GF rated informative for that 64k post buddy do check it out
    As we have "Like system" at this moment & "rating system" is temporarily disabled untill the new ranking system is implemented,the real numbers of positive ratings are hidden & you can't notice.
    I think once new rank system will be implemented & "rating system" will be activated again,you will find your positive ratings higher than currently received likes.
    Ex : Yesterday I had 254/1/0 but now you can see it's 251 likes received because 3 posts were rated as "informative" which is not showing up due to new rating system is disabled at this moment.

Correct me if I am wrong,Biggie ๐Ÿ˜€
  • elizabethraws
    elizabethraws
    this is really cool and nice system. and if some like the post or comment is their any benefits to the member.
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    As "BAD SPELLING" & "INCOMPLETE INFORMATION" has been removed. I think "DISAGREE" & "DISLIKE" should be counted under "Negative Ratings"

One more suggestion, Why not give name to "Ratings" as "IQ" or "Engineering IQ" or any suitable name with suffix IQ.
    So, if a CEan have 100 positive rating & 30 negative rating then his IQ will be 100-30=70. Thus, IQ = 70.
    So that we don't have to worry about format like "+ve rating/neutral rating/-ve rating" (+xx/yy/-zz)"

Sorry for suggesting too much ๐Ÿ˜Ž
  • sksaxena
    sksaxena
    #-Link-Snipped-# :
    Iam not sure for how long will the designers of CE will play with it's structure. By the time we get into habit of using one feature, it is either removed or modified.
    I don't see ANY point in removing 'Bad Spelling' and 'Incomplete Information' ratings. It's not been long enough when they were introduced, welcomed by CEans, used by them in an effective manner and today morning we login and see : both ratings are removed, which is NOT cool.๐Ÿ‘€
    I as an individual oppose this move!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I understand that once changes are made, we should not roll them back in short period of time. However, the entire rating/ranking mechanism is being reviewed so that we go with something that is concrete. Expect a few more changes to the ratings system in the next few days.

Apologies for the inconvenience this may cause.
  • sksaxena
    sksaxena
    The_Big_K
    I understand that once changes are made, we should not roll them back in short period of time. However, the entire rating/ranking mechanism is being reviewed so that we go with something that is concrete. Expect a few more changes to the ratings system in the next few days.

Apologies for the inconvenience this may cause.
    I again, request you on behalf of entire CE community to Re-Introduce the above mentioned ratings as Iam sure it'll only help CEans in better expression of their thoughts. It's not offending to anybody in any manner, so no point of removing them.
    We all understand that restructuring is sometimes the need at point of time but thanks for understanding that such things are NOT appreciable frequently and it strongly affects the interactivity between CE and CEan to a great extent.

Looking forward for a quick resolution over the matter.

Thanks for understanding the concern.
  • sksaxena
    sksaxena
    sksaxena
    I again, request you on behalf of entire CE community to Re-Introduce the above mentioned ratings as Iam sure it'll only help CEans in better expression of their thoughts. It's not offending to anybody in any manner, so no point of removing them.
    We all understand that restructuring is sometimes the need at point of time but thanks for understanding that such things are NOT appreciable frequently and it strongly affects the interactivity between CE and CEan to a great extent.

Looking forward for a quick resolution over the matter.

Thanks for understanding the concern.
    #-Link-Snipped-# :
    We(CEan community) expected a positive response over this. Your silence is disappointing. Kindly assure my fellow concerned members and whole of CEan community by explaining what Administrator/moderators of CE are planning to resolve this issue at earliest. We still hope that those 2 ratings will be restored back.
    Thanks
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I had a very limited access to the Internet in the last four days; so couldn't respond to the threads. The decision on the rating system is pending. The negative ratings may return but in a different form; but the positive ratings, especially 'Like' and others viz. 'agree' & 'disagree' will continue.

An announcement will be made once the system is final.
  • Sanyam Khurana
    Sanyam Khurana
    Sir, where are these User Titles displayed ? ๐Ÿ‘Ž
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Sanyam Khurana
    Sir, where are these User Titles displayed ? ๐Ÿ‘Ž
    We've taken down the user title system. The entire ratings/titles system is being overhauled. We'll re-launch it once it's ready.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Happy new year to all of you CEians from all of us here at Absolute Zero (which means, only me. Ah well). PS: What's on your wishlist? Put 'em up...
can we connect a wireless mouse or a keyboard to a andriod phove using otg cable? if yes how will the mouse work?
Are you the ultimate hacker? Can you hack absolutely any wireless network? Then Technovanza 2013 brings you the opportunity to hack this wireless during the three days of the fest...
can an one tell me that how to create exe file for C-program?
I am on the verge completing 'Aeronautical Engg' in India. I too wanna take part in discussions.