New Member: Marcus Transformer

Hello Crazy Engineers,

I would just like the opportunity to introduce ourselves to the community.
We are a Transformer manufacturing company that have been building quality products for nearly 70 years.

A little History on our company:

Marcus Transformer was founded in 1942 in Hillside, New Jersey by Alvin Marcus, the father of the company's present owner Barry Marcus, During the early years the company concentrated on the manufacturing of transformers for the war effort, for munitions plants, and government airplane, tank and cargo carrying production facilities.
Mr. Marcus senior served on the War Production Board and was decorated for his efforts by J.A. Krug, the chairman of the W.P.B. In post war years the U.S. economy was booming and Marcus transformer opened two new plants in the New York/New Jersey area, while expanding their sales agent network across the U.S. Puerto Rico, and into Canada. As the 1960's Marcus has opened multiple locations throughout North America and today is one of most trusted names when it comes to electrical Transformers.

We are here to answer any of your transformer related technical questions. Don’t hesitate to send us a PM.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Welcome to CE, Marcus! Tell us how did you discover this website? I'm sure CEans would like to know and talk about transformers with you.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Good to see you here Marcus.

Welcome to CE Family!

Hope to see you around here often.
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    :welcome: Welcome to CE, Markus!

Nice, I guess you can explain more about the practical stuffs involved in building a transformer. 😀
  • MarcusTransformr
    MarcusTransformr
    The_Big_K
    Welcome to CE, Marcus! Tell us how did you discover this website? I'm sure CEans would like to know and talk about transformers with you.
    Thanks The_Big_K.
    Less than a month ago, we had a quite a few of our newer customers come in for our yearly focus group meetings. Usually these meetings cover satisfaction with our products, customer service, problems, etc…
    During a couple of the sessions, some of our clients explained how there are a lot of individuals on-line who have technical questions regarding transformers who sometimes get the wrong information from people who don’t have enough experience in the electrical field. They expressed the need for precise technical knowledge and they asked if we had every heard of CE. Naturally, after the sessions concluded, we Googled CE and found the website. After having seen all the transformer related questions on the forum, we naturally opened an account.

So once again, if you have any technical questions regarding the transformer industry, we are more than happy to help you!

AbraKaDabra
    Good to see you here Marcus.

Welcome to CE Family!

Hope to see you around here often.
    Don’t worry, we intend to be surfing the site daily for technical questions to answer.
    Praveen-Kumar
    :welcome:Welcome to CE, Marcus!

Nice, I guess you can explain more about the practical stuffs involved in building a transformer. 😀
    We have been in business for nearly 70 years. There is no question we can’t answer. 😛
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Awesome! 😀 I'm quite sure lot of engineers would want to know a *lot* from you. Why not have your technical team share some real world knowledge with fellow CEans? I'm sure we can develop great discussions and new ideas in the transformers domain.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Welcome to CE,

I have one suggestion. how if you start a thread which explains A to Z of transformer?
  • MarcusTransformr
    MarcusTransformr
    The_Big_K
    Awesome! 😀I'm quite sure lot of engineers would want to know a *lot* from you. Why not have your technical team share some real world knowledge with fellow CEans? I'm sure we can develop great discussions and new ideas in the transformers domain.

Hey Big_K,
    We actually have over 1000 technical articles that we have written over the last century. Most of which still apply today. I’ll post up a few of the most recent ones to the site and we’ll start a discussion. They are extremely technical. Topics including transformer efficiency, insulation selection process, sizing, different connection types and benefits, etc…

I have to go through our folders and see which articles I should post.

I’ll keep you guys up to date as to when I’ll be posting up articles.

godfather
    Welcome to CE,

I have one suggestion. how if you start a thread which explains A to Z of transformer?
    We actually have a pamphlet that we wrote in 1983 about the “In’s and Outs” of transformers. Sadly, it is over 190 pages long. I will go through it next week and post something on the site that is a little more manageable.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Woa! The whole #-Link-Snipped-# section is at your service. If there's anything the editorial team can help with, let us know. Also, we hope there won't be any copyright issues. We are all game for free knowledge for all.

Editor can be contacted via editor [at] crazyengineers [dot] com and I can be contacted through admin [at] crazyengineers [dot] com
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Sir,
    Once you post articles, I think we will have a good technical discussion. Hoping to see a few ones posted soon. 😀
  • ShrinkDWorld
    ShrinkDWorld
    Welcome to CE family 😁
    Very nice clean & brief introduction. Glad to meet you Marcus 😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

have a great birthday! 😀 wish you many more happy returns of the day! 😁 :myparty:
It is now the start of "ber months" Wishing all CEans A MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!! 116 DAYS BEFORE CHRISTMAS😁😁
Hi guys! m new here at CE. i am Ashwin. Industrial Engineer.
I am very interested furthering my knowledge and career. I have been looking to see what my options are becoming a Chemical Engineer. However, have 2 little ones 8 &...
CEans, Following is message from IPAI - RULES/REGULATIONS Institute of Patent Attorneys, India (IPAI) is providing professional training in Intellectual Property Rights for candidates to appear for Patent Agents Examination,...