New MacBook - Do We Really Need Thinner Machines?

Apple has unveiled a new MacBook and it's thinner than ever before. I've always wondered whether people really need thinner devices that compromise on stuff. 'Compromise' is what I call to what Apple touts as innovation. The new laptop from Apple sans all the useful ports to chase the thinner form factor. A single port now acts as 'everything' from charging point to display connector to USB.

What's more annoying is that while Apple says that their machines drop all the ports, it releases dongles that have additional ports! So you've to buy the new dongle to get all the connectivity that should have been default!

Do you think MacBook is an example of innovation not going in the right direction? Or is it a step towards a wire-free world?

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Project Abstract / Summary : ABSTRACT This project “EL-BOW TRANSMISSION” being compact and portable equipment, which is skilful and is having practice in transmitting power at right angle without any...
The Best Post of the Month contest has been renewed for the month of March. All the [USERGROUP=4]@Moderators[/USERGROUP] will be actively monitoring all the posts contributed by CE members till...
Project Abstract / Summary : The project is all about design a sustainable Water supply Design for a city using Epanet Software & The design of sewerage system for a...
Why do analogue clock don't work on recharge battery. And if I run it on main power supply still it don't work but it works with old AA battery...
Project Abstract / Summary : Due to drought and depletion of underground water more bore wells are drilled on the surface of the earth. When the ground water gets dried...