New IRCTC Ticket Booking Site: https://nget.irctc.co.in

IRCTC has launched a new railway ticket booking site: #-Link-Snipped-# and it looks like the new site is quite faster even during the peak traffic hours. Ticket booking seems to be quite easy with the new service and the user interface is quite snappier as well. While I personally could not see the new interface a lot of people seem to have gotten access to the new interface and were able to book the tickets through it.

As of writing this post, after logging in, the service redirects the user to the regular old site, irctc.co.in. It appears that the Railway board has taken steps to make sure that the site is run on more capable servers and is able to handle more concurrent users. Those who could book the tickets claim that IRCTC has put quite a lot of CAPTCHA images on the site; which makes the user experience quite annoying; but it gets the things done.

However - it's too early to comment on the new ticket booking platform; simply because it has not been rolled out to everyone. It's quite possible that once the new site opens to all the users, it may not perform optimally. However, I hope that it will solve the problems faced by regular train travellers. In the mean time, I'd request all of you to give the new site a try and share your ticket booking experience with all of us.

PS: I read that TATA Consultancy Service is in charge of the ticket booking service offered by Railways? Is that correct?

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Yes. TCS has developed the original IRCTC website. I had no idea about the new so called "next-gen" website.

Did they make a formal announcement about this?

PS: Seriously, why the CAPTCHA everywhere?

Okay. I tried logging in but it is re-directing me to the irctc.co.in website. ๐Ÿ˜•
  • Bashiruddin Naik
    Bashiruddin Naik
    Ya I just tried few hour back! Very good speed @ 120 KBPS!๐Ÿ‘

NextGEN is the product of TCS! I'm not sure about IRCTC.

#-Link-Snipped-#
  • cool8900
    cool8900
    No,for your kind information This new nget.irctc.co.in site is developed and maintained by CRIS(center for railway information Systems) an Autonomous Organization under the Ministry of Railways.
  • cool8900
    cool8900
    Ankita Katdare
    Yes. TCS has developed the original IRCTC website. I had no idea about the new so called "next-gen" website.

Did they make a formal announcement about this?

PS: Seriously, why the CAPTCHA everywhere?

Okay. I tried logging in but it is re-directing me to the irctc.co.in website. ๐Ÿ˜•
    This new nget.irctc.co.in site is developed and maintained by CRIS(center for railway information Systems) an Autonomous Organization under the Ministry of Railways as shown in logo in header
  • SUSMITHARK
    SUSMITHARK
    pl.cancel my name in this site
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Some of my friends are telling me that they booked a Tatkal ticket within 3 minutes using the new IRCTC website.
    The last time I checked I think the migration was not complete. Hopefully, it's done by now.

Anyone here wants to give it a try? Please do share your experience.

PS: 'Achche Din' coming for frequent travellers I must say. ๐Ÿ˜‰
  • Vikram S Bargah
    Vikram S Bargah
    Kaustubh Katdare
    IRCTC has launched a new railway ticket booking site: #-Link-Snipped-# and it looks like the new site is quite faster even during the peak traffic hours. Ticket booking seems to be quite easy with the new service and the user interface is quite snappier as well.
    I second you on this. Was fortunate to book two Tatkal etickets last week within 7 mins after its opening. CRIS has surely worked on their servers & have managed their heavy traffic.
  • cool8900
    cool8900
    IRCTC has now migrated their old website with the developed site by CRIS which was committed in Next generation eticketing 7200 ticket per minute.all users now can login in new site,if the migrated to new server then will be able to acess ne booking system otherwise then will land in old as url services.irctc.co.in

IRCTC Next Generation eTicketing System 2014-07-18 10-51-48
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Update.

New IRCTC website is now available for everyone and the great thing is that the booking capacity of the site has been upgraded from just 2,000 tickets per minute to ~7200 tickets per minute! All that means is that booking a tatkal ticket on IRCTC won't be like going to a war!

Has anyone of you booked a ticket on the new IRCTC website? How's the experience?
  • Vikram S Bargah
    Vikram S Bargah
    There's been change in the looks of irctc. Its thisirctc

now.

Booked a ticket just yesterday. There's speed in processing all the transaction has been increased too.

Allover its a great change. & happy to have it.

P.S : IRCTC has also launched the coach selection facility where you can select the coach of your choice.Though its working fine.
    But, Did'nt understand the purpose of coach selection.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Are you serious? That's awesome. Always wanted a coach selection facility.
    There are some frequent train travelers I know who have memorizes the berth arrangement and can mentally calculate which seat number means which berth - Lower, Upper, Middle or Side Lower and Side Upper? ๐Ÿ˜ฒ

Till now, the old IRCTC site only asked for our berth preference and ultimately only allocated whatever is available. ๐Ÿ˜–

Many time my grandparents had to request for lower berths after boarding the train because they couldn't ensure the berth during booking.
  • rithesh salian
    rithesh salian
    cool8900
    IRCTC has now migrated their old website with the developed site by CRIS which was committed in Next generation eticketing 7200 ticket per minute.all users now can login in new site,if the migrated to new server then will be able to acess ne booking system otherwise then will land in old as url services.irctc.co.in

IRCTC Next Generation eTicketing System 2014-07-18 10-51-48
    Its cool and really fast
  • annauno
    annauno
    The older irctc website was developed and maintained by TCS morons. However in 2011, govt bought in new servers from IBM and it took full 3 years for our TCS geniuses to upgrade to them.
    CRIS has then been looking after it with dazzling IBM servers.
    This is what happens of a company's product when they take in all mugging up morons of all mediocre pvt colleges at cheap rates.
    [Source : my cousin who works in Railways ๐Ÿ˜ ]

Kaustubh Katdare
    IRCTC has launched a new railway ticket booking site: #-Link-Snipped-# and it looks like the new site is quite faster even during the peak traffic hours. Ticket booking seems to be quite easy with the new service and the user interface is quite snappier as well. While I personally could not see the new interface a lot of people seem to have gotten access to the new interface and were able to book the tickets through it.

As of writing this post, after logging in, the service redirects the user to the regular old site, irctc.co.in. It appears that the Railway board has taken steps to make sure that the site is run on more capable servers and is able to handle more concurrent users. Those who could book the tickets claim that IRCTC has put quite a lot of CAPTCHA images on the site; which makes the user experience quite annoying; but it gets the things done.

However - it's too early to comment on the new ticket booking platform; simply because it has not been rolled out to everyone. It's quite possible that once the new site opens to all the users, it may not perform optimally. However, I hope that it will solve the problems faced by regular train travellers. In the mean time, I'd request all of you to give the new site a try and share your ticket booking experience with all of us.

PS: I read that TATA Consultancy Service is in charge of the ticket booking service offered by Railways? Is that correct?
  • Bashiruddin Naik
    Bashiruddin Naik
    annauno
    The older irctc website was developed and maintained by TCS morons. However in 2011, govt bought in new servers from IBM and it took full 3 years for our TCS geniuses to upgrade to them.
    CRIS has then been looking after it with dazzling IBM servers.
    This is what happens of a company's product when they take in all mugging up morons of all mediocre pvt colleges at cheap rates.
    [Source : my cousin who works in Railways ๐Ÿ˜ ]
    Mind your Language on Tata!! May be genius like you knows how and when Earth revolves. You must be a crazy, dumb-ass, job-less moron.!
    At-least they are giving chance mediocre people!. What the f*** others are giving to society.!...

Disclaimer: I never entered TCS or Tata Co., None of my friends are Worked or working in TCS. Only thing is that, I have Immense respect for TATA Group(Good Samaritans of Indian Economy).
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Okay, no more bashing please. Let's keep the things under the civil domain. ๐Ÿ˜€

I haven't booked the ticket in recent times (after the IRCTC website got switched to the new version) but have been hearing a lot of positive reviews about the service.
  • annauno
    annauno
    queeny.heads
    Mind your Language on Tata!! May be genius like you knows how and when Earth revolves. You must be a crazy, dumb-ass, job-less moron.!
    At-least they are giving chance mediocre people!. What the f*** others are giving to society.!...

Disclaimer: I never entered TCS or Tata Co., None of my friends are Worked or working in TCS. Only thing is that, I have Immense respect for TATA Group(Good Samaritans of Indian Economy).
    Brother, u r unnecessarily making it an emotional issue. I too have got immense respect for Tata Group and many of their companies and services but as a consumer, I also have got the right to criticize their products as well as comment on their functioning. I have seen morons of my college go into TCS. Now for a company which is managing most of our govt's online work as well is responsible for foreign's outsourced work (and hence responsible for making India's global image), that is a terrible thing. On one hand, we complain abt poor quality of these services (like IRCTC) but on other hand, we r defending those responsible for it just bcoz they r 'Made in India' brand.
    This 'nationalist' attitude not only reduces their quality but also makes them vulnerable in global competition.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Guys, I tried to book a ticket for an aunt today via the new IRCTC. Feels awesome to report that was able to book the tatkal tickets in a record 3 and a half minutes. A personal best!

All I did was, logged into the site 15 minutes earlier and opened the page that shows the available seats for Tatkal. Refreshed the page at exact stroke of 10 am and had kept all her details near the laptop. (half of it was auto-fill) Entered them and booked her ticket superfast!

Have any of you guys tried booking recently? Achche Din (I must say!)
  • Vikram S Bargah
    Vikram S Bargah
    & #-Link-Snipped-# is the complete details of Next Generation e-Ticketing System.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Update:
    New portal is super-fast. I managed to book several tatkal ticket without fail. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘
    I didn't find any issue in new system. everything is at right place. Even new running status portal is sleeker now. Request Rejected

PS:As for working in IRCTC, I have completed my summer training there. From my experience, it is a great place to work, if you want, you can learn there or you can just be lazy there.
    It's good place to learn how a complex system translated into a good piece of software like IRCTC ticket booking, claim management and managing railway routing system electronically.
    That DOS based, counter booking system was developed by CMC limited, and any guesses why it was not replaced by shiny cool interface system.
    Because it is fast and reliable even after 30 years.
  • Vikram S Bargah
    Vikram S Bargah
    IRCTC has upgraded its website by adding two high speed servers on its pool making a total of 17 servers . Now it can book 14,000 tickets/min from the existing 7,200 tickets/min
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Vikram S Bargah
    IRCTC has upgraded its website by adding two high speed servers on its pool making a total of 17 servers . Now it can book 14,000 tickets/min from the existing 7,200 tickets/min
    That's quite an interesting update. I'm guessing that this would put an end to the Tatkal ticket booking woes.

How's the experience of booking tickets?

PS: I'm unable to reset my account because my phone number is already associated with another account of mine and I can't recollect my password.
  • Vikram S Bargah
    Vikram S Bargah
    Kaustubh Katdare
    How's the experience of booking tickets?
    The experience was supersonic.

I always prefer selecting destination & traveler details from its master entry data. which save few precious seconds during tatkal hours.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Vikram S Bargah
    I always prefer selecting destination & traveler details from its master entry data. which save few precious seconds during tatkal hours.
    Try this chrome plugin.. Works like charm
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Vikram S Bargah
    Vikram S Bargah
    New Updates:

IRCTC is planning to change the timings of TATKAL Tickets Booking.
    As per the new schedule, the Tatkal booking for AC classes will commence at 10 am and close at 11 am, while for the non-AC classes, the Tatkal booking will commence at 11 am and close at noon

IRCTC is also planning to refund upto 50% of the fare on cancellation of Tatkal Tickets.

The new rules is expected to be in effect from 1st July 2015 onwards.

Source:Railways staggers tatkal booking to ease pressure, upto 50 pc refund on cancellation | India News,The Indian Express
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Whoa. That's quite informative. Thanks. I believe the change in tatkal booking timings will be of great help in reducing the load on their servers and thus we can hope to see much faster service.

Fare refund is also really great. Any idea on how much time before we can cancel the Tatkal Ticket to become eligible for the refund?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I'm not sure where I read this; but the IRCTC has further upgraded their servers to allow over 14,000+ tickets to be booked every minute! Looks like the Tatkal ticket booking woes are a thing of a past. Haven't made a reservation in the recent past though.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    I just tried accessing the site: #-Link-Snipped-# It is not accessible anymore. Looks like they used it as a test site and then went back to their official irctc portal with the new features addendum. Overall, one can not deny that IRCTC is providing a much better experience than what it used to before.

I really do hope it's time for the end of IRCTC ticketing booking woes era. A friend recently shared this with me on whatsapp after we came back from watching the movie 'The Walk' -

irctc2

This was so legit back then.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Videocon has announced VPhone Grande, a budget phone priced at Rs. 1950.00 for Indian mobile consumers. Budget phones we've seen so far (and we're talking about those priced under Rs....
Hii all, I have tried to gather some viva questions(basics), please let me know if they are helpful. I am trying to collect few more.
I've selected Real Time Energy Monitoring system for my final year project. I wanted to know how does this monitoring system is employed and what are the basic requirements to...
Is there any sensor which can detect anything in the range of 100 meter and can it gives the output in voice ?reply asasp.TIA.
Quote: Bad things can happen when the mechanical gearbox in a megawatt-scale wind turbine gets overstressed. An unexpected wind gust can drive turbine blades hard, so hard that the torque...