New GRE 2011-2012 Revised Books

There are 4 books in news right now for the New Revised GRE.

They are :

1. Kaplan New GRE 2011-2012 Premier with CD-ROM
2. McGraw-Hill's New GRE, 2011-2012 Edition [Book] by Steven Dulan
3. Cracking the GRE with DVD, 2012 Edition: Revised and Updated for the New GRE [Book] by Princeton Review
4. Barron's Gre [Book] by Sharon Weiner Green, Ira K. Wolf, Ira K. Wolf, Ph.D. in Books (19th Edition)

Which books do you prefer reading?

Share any news about new books and resources for the New GRE in this thread.

Replies

• PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    Wow... I was searching for this kind of information only. But many of them are voting for Barron's GRE Book... ๐Ÿ˜€ Lets see the first examinee and get the info from them... ๐Ÿ˜€
  • khida
    khida
    Hey guys !! i gonna take the new gre on october...do you know if theres is free material online ? i have looked for it, but i havent found anything new ๐Ÿ˜”....
    Just wait for another month... Yeah, I know it is gonna be too late... But just have hopes, will update the thread... ๐Ÿ˜€
  • khida
    khida
    praveenscience
    Just wait for another month... Yeah, I know it is gonna be too late... But just have hopes, will update the thread... ๐Ÿ˜€
    Ok... Thanks a lot .. I will wait.... What kind of material will you charge in that page ???

Have a nice day !!

TC
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    @Khida: We are not selling books here.

Could someone share more book names for new GRE?
    Which book do you rate as the best?
  • htcfreak
    htcfreak
    Hey friends, I am suppose to give my GRE on 26th Sep.
    I have a friend who gave her GRE on 30th of Aug & she has the following review of the New GRE

1. Math is way way easy (For us, the engineers)
    2. English way more tougher, especially the sentence equivalence
    3. The new 30 min for the AWA which was 45 earlier is pretty less, so practice that
    4. At the end of the test you get a projected score based on the previous scoring pattern that is 1600.
    Foe ex: - Your Quant Score is 650-750 & your English Score is 400-500 & hence you final score is projected to be 1100
    However that will be projected score & you'll get your scores only in November.

The most imp thing friends she & many other said that the GRE word list has changed, by that they mean we have total new set of words & neither the New Kaplan nor the New Barron has that; so if somebody has idea about those words lists then please please do share them.

Hope this info was helpful, cheers.
  • htcfreak
    htcfreak
    khida
    Ok... Thanks a lot .. I will wait.... What kind of material will you charge in that page ???

Have a nice day !!

TC
    Well I have all the New GRE books & you can't specify any book exactly.
    Only thing I can tell you is that, as previous info & experience Princeton is for the Beginner, Barron is for the Intermediators & Kaplan is for the Experts.
    By that I mean Princeton book has very easy kinda a Q's, comparatively Barrons is bit difficult & finally Kaplan has the most difficult Q's, so it depends on the individual's choice.
  • vishnu priya
    vishnu priya
    Hi CEans (GRE Aspirants),

I did take GRE in the old pattern in June and the materials that I used was

Barron's --- The ONE AND ONLY complete book for the GRE

It has an extensive vocabulary which will be of great help. But in NEW GRE since there are no Analogies/Antonyms I feel a literal mugging up of works is entirely not necessary.
    Instead more focus should be on the usage of words.

Also one should have a VERY GOOD VOCAB in order to crack the verbal part even in the NEW GRE.Even if there is no Analogies/Antonyms RC's and Sc's will be covering a wide range of vocabulary, for which one should know words.

Other books that may be of great help can be: ( I m not sure of the exact names of the books,instead i am just stating the publisher)

The Official Guide to the GRE -- ( ETS Guide ) --- (Good one)
    Kaplan's GRE --- (Decent one)
    Princeton GRE -- (Its like OK)
    Nova's GRE --- (heard good for quants and 'OK' for verbal)
  • nikunjjadawala
    nikunjjadawala
    Anybody Interested in Revised GRE (New GRE) books download. Contact me at #-Link-Snipped-#removed by admin>
    There are total 15 books for $20 or $3 for each book.

1.Barron's GRE 19th Edition
    2.Cliffs Nite Revised GRE
    3.1014 Practice Questions For New GRE - Prineton Review
    4.Cracking The GRE , 2012 Edition
    5.Verbal Workout for New GRE - Princeton Review
    6.Kaplan Premier 2011-2012 with 10 Practice tests DVD each section
    7.The Official Guide To Revised GRE
    8.501 Sentence Completion Practice Questions
    9.501 Vocabulary Practice Questions
    10.501 Reading Comprehension Practice Questions
    11.NOVA GRE Math Bible (Old Edition But same as New Edition)
    12.Manhattan New GRE Reading Comprehension And Essay , 2nd Edition
    13.Manhattan New GRE Text Completion and Sentence Equivalence , 2nd Edition
    14.Gruber's GRE 2011 Edition
    15.Vocabulary 4000
    16.ACE The GRE(Old Edition But same as New Edition)
    17.GRE guide table for Comparison of OLD GRE and NEW GRE Scores
    18.GRE Big Book
  • Dancer_Engineer
    Dancer_Engineer
    Really? :O You are offering $3 per book? ๐Ÿ˜จ Is this some kind of advertising? Or you really want to help the GRE aspirants?

PS: @all GRE aspirants,
    You really don't need so many books to crack the exam.
    Build you vocabulary, make it Strong. Practice Math problems, covering the GRE syllabus.

Then start taking Mock tests, know your status every now and then to find out where you stand.
    Keep practicing, keep improving. ๐Ÿ˜Ž

Then take the GRE exam, NAIL it! ๐Ÿ‘
  • nikunjjadawala
    nikunjjadawala
    Yeah....!!!! This books are really helpful....!!! All these books are for practice....!!!! @Dancer_Engineer If u wanna help then start free GRE coaching here..!!!!
    And I am giving all these books which costs around 4K for just 1K just to help GRE aspirants. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • nikunjjadawala
    nikunjjadawala
    @ Praveen-Kumar This is not an advertisement. I will provide all books and schedule for how to prepare from these books.
  • Dancer_Engineer
    Dancer_Engineer
    nikunjjadawala
    Yeah....!!!! This books are really helpful....!!! All these books are for practice....!!!! @Dancer_Engineer If u wanna help then start free GRE coaching here..!!!!
    And I am giving all these books which costs around 4K for just 1K just to help GRE aspirants. ๐Ÿ˜€
    So you going to give (sell) all these books to the GRE aspirants.
    There are 18 books in the list, your deal speaks of 15 books.?!

Any student will get confused referring to 18 books.
    I think at the most 3-4 books should suffice. Besides the concepts are explained in a slightly different language and logic in different books, that will confuse the students.
    Better offer 3-4 books, and keep practicing and help them solving their queries.

I think you could open a library, if you are having so many GRE books with you.
    Library + Coaching will do you good Business. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Dancer_Engineer
    Dancer_Engineer
    Library + Free Coaching will do you good Business.๐Ÿ˜€
  • nikunjjadawala
    nikunjjadawala
    Dancer_Engineer
    So you going to give (sell) all these books to the GRE aspirants.
    There are 18 books in the list, your deal speaks of 15 books.?!

Any student will get confused referring to 18 books.
    I think at the most 3-4 books should suffice. Besides the concepts are explained in a slightly different language and logic in different books, that will confuse the students.
    Better offer 3-4 books, and keep practicing and help them solving their queries.

I think you could open a library, if you are having so many GRE books with you.
    Library + Coaching will do you good Business. ๐Ÿ˜€
    Thanks for ur advice of opening a library and starting a business.
    But I dont want to do that. And for that 18 books they are for practice. And for concept clearing there are only 2-3 books for different topics which I will provide to students of GRE. They will be given a schedule for preparation personally.
    And deal is of 15 books which are most Imp for GRE. All others books are extra for extra practice who all are weak and need to gain their confidence which are free. ๐Ÿ˜€
    nikunjjadawala
    But I dont want to do that. And for that 18 books they are for practice. And for concept clearing there are only 2-3 books for different topics which I will provide to students of GRE. They will be given a schedule for preparation personally.
    And deal is of 15 books which are most Imp for GRE. All others books are extra for extra practice who all are weak and need to gain their confidence which are free. ๐Ÿ˜€
    That's nice buddy, will let you know by mail. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Dancer_Engineer
    Dancer_Engineer
    nikunjjadawala

Ok.
    But according to list of books, (3, 5, 8, 9, 10) are the books dedicated to only practice. Rest all (and not 2-3) are either guides / books.
  • nikunjjadawala
    nikunjjadawala
    Dancer_Engineer
    Ok.
    But according to list of books, (3, 5, 8, 9, 10) are the books dedicated to only practice. Rest all (and not 2-3) are either guides / books.
    Yeah u r somewhat right. But u missed some books. They are also for practice. And 2-3 are for vocab.
    Those who really want to prepare for GRE I will provide the Preparation Schedule which covers most of the books from the list(Except 2-3 books depends on students).
  • Dancer_Engineer
    Dancer_Engineer
    nikunjjadawala
    Yeah u r somewhat right. But u missed some books. They are also for practice. And 2-3 are for vocab.
    Those who really want to prepare for GRE I will provide the Preparation Schedule which covers most of the books from the list(Except 2-3 books depends on students).
    Ok.

nikunjjadawala
    Anybody Interested in Revised GRE (New GRE) books download. Contact me at#-Link-Snipped-#removed by admin>
    So these are downloadable books you are offering for 1K?
  • nikunjjadawala
    nikunjjadawala
    Dancer_Engineer
    Ok.

So these are downloadable books you are offering for 1K?
    Yeah these are downloadable.
  • Dancer_Engineer
    Dancer_Engineer
    I remember while I was preparing for my GRE, there was this member from Orkut GRE Community who had posted lot of GRE material on a gmail account and he shared the gmail account ID and password with everyone.

I myself had downloaded lot of GRE material from that account, and I saw there were so many Thank You emails for him. And no one changed the password or spammed the gmail account.
    Genuine help!

If you honestly want to help, post the study material on the Forum.
    You could prepare a generalised GRE Study Plan for CEans, 4-month study plan or 2-month study plan or 1-month study plan.

I have taken old GRE pattern, so I can't take coaching for the new GRE pattern.
    But I can definitely guide and help the GRE aspirants.

Have you taken the new GRE pattern or the old pattern?
  • nikunjjadawala
    nikunjjadawala
    Dancer_Engineer
    I remember while I was preparing for my GRE, there was this member from Orkut GRE Community who had posted lot of GRE material on a gmail account and he shared the gmail account ID and password with everyone.

I myself had downloaded lot of GRE material from that account, and I saw there were so many Thank You emails for him. And no one changed the password or spammed the gmail account.
    Genuine help!

If you honestly want to help, post the study material on the Forum.
    You could prepare a generalised GRE Study Plan for CEans, 4-month study plan or 2-month study plan or 1-month study plan.

I have taken old GRE pattern, so I can't take coaching for the new GRE pattern.
    But I can definitely guide and help the GRE aspirants.

Have you taken the new GRE pattern or the old pattern?
    I took new GRE pattern.
  • Dancer_Engineer
    Dancer_Engineer
    nikunjjadawala
    I took new GRE pattern.
    Ok.

So what do you say? Posting the material on the forum?
    Would help lot of CEans here.

And preparing a generalised study plan would not take much time too.
    There will be different categories:
    6-month, 4-month, 2-month or 1-month plans separately for 3rd year students, for final year students and then for the office people.
  • nikunjjadawala
    nikunjjadawala
    Dancer_Engineer
    Ok.

So what do you say? Posting the material on the forum?
    Would help lot of CEans here.

And preparing a generalised study plan would not take much time too.
    There will be different categories:
    6-month, 4-month, 2-month or 1-month plans separately for 3rd year students, for final year students and then for the office people.
    Sorry. If you want you can start that.
  • Dancer_Engineer
    Dancer_Engineer
    nikunjjadawala
    Sorry. If you want you can start that.
    So you don't want to help genuinely?

Alright I got it ๐Ÿ˜›

Only a fool will pay you 1K for some downloadable stuff ๐Ÿ˜
  • nikunjjadawala
    nikunjjadawala
    Dancer_Engineer
    So you don't want to help genuinely?

Alright I got it ๐Ÿ˜›

Only a fool will pay you 1K for some downloadable stuff ๐Ÿ˜
    Okay if u got it than go and dance. ๐Ÿ˜›

And yeah this world is full of fools lyk u.... :-D

I hope u understand. :-D
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    nikunjjadawala
    Okay if u got it than go and dance. ๐Ÿ˜›

And yeah this world is full of fools lyk u.... :-D

I hope u understand. :-D
    Mind your language, please. You've been warned.
  • nikunjjadawala
    nikunjjadawala
    The_Big_K
    Mind your language, please. You've been warned.
    Ohhhhh cant you see the language used by @dancer_engineer. She started first. I am in my limit but if she crosses then I cant be silent. So why don't you warn her ?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Everyone's being watched.
  • nikunjjadawala
    nikunjjadawala
    Yeah but I didnt see anywhere that you warned her for that reply or deleted her post.
    Why dont you delete her post ?
  • Mani4mchn
    Mani4mchn
    Hello all,

For people in chennai, who are planning to buy GRE Barrons 19 th edition. I have a fresh copy of the book. I got the book to prepare but i am planning for a different career. So if someone could purchase from me instead getting it from a the shop, it will be greatful.
    request your cooperation.... Anyone from chennai can opt for this....
    Please respond to my post or to my email #-Link-Snipped-#
    Mani4mchn
    Hello all,

For people in chennai, who are planning to buy GRE Barrons 19 th edition. I have a fresh copy of the book. I got the book to prepare but i am planning for a different career. So if someone could purchase from me instead getting it from a the shop, it will be greatful.
    request your cooperation.... Anyone from chennai can opt for this....
    Please respond to my post or to my email #-Link-Snipped-#
    That's nice... Let Biggie know about this, he will be able to help you. Just don't give out your email address in public. Thanks. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Mani4mchn
    Mani4mchn
    Praveen-Kumar
    That's nice... Let Biggie know about this, he will be able to help you. Just don't give out your email address in public. Thanks. ๐Ÿ˜€
    Hi Praveen,

I couldnt find any other option for people to reach out me, who are interested to acknowledge my request. Please suggest, if there are any alternatives. Can i provide my mobile number to contact? or is there a way to respond through messages?

Thanks
    Mani
  • Dancer_Engineer
    Dancer_Engineer
    Mani4mchn
    Hi Praveen,

I couldnt find any other option for people to reach out me, who are interested to acknowledge my request. Please suggest, if there are any alternatives. Can i provide my mobile number to contact? or is there a way to respond through messages?

Thanks
    Mani
    Did you contact the Admin?
    Mani4mchn
    Hi Praveen,

Thanks
    Mani
    You are not supposed to reveal any of your personal details in a public forum ya, it is riskier to you!
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    This thread is going great! Any CEans who have taken the Exam in 2012 first quarter?
    We would like to hear your responses.
  • vishali123
    vishali123
    nikunjjadawala
    Anybody Interested in Revised GRE (New GRE) books download. Contact me at #-Link-Snipped-#removed by admin>

1.Barron's GRE 19th Edition
    2.Cliffs Nite Revised GRE
    3.1014 Practice Questions For New GRE - Prineton Review
    4.Cracking The GRE , 2012 Edition
    5.Verbal Workout for New GRE - Princeton Review
    6.Kaplan Premier 2011-2012 with 10 Practice tests DVD each section
    7.The Official Guide To Revised GRE
    8.501 Sentence Completion Practice Questions
    9.501 Vocabulary Practice Questions
    10.501 Reading Comprehension Practice Questions
    11.NOVA GRE Math Bible (Old Edition But same as New Edition)
    12.Manhattan New GRE Reading Comprehension And Essay , 2nd Edition
    13.Manhattan New GRE Text Completion and Sentence Equivalence , 2nd Edition
    14.Gruber's GRE 2011 Edition
    15.Vocabulary 4000
    16.ACE The GRE(Old Edition But same as New Edition)
    17.GRE guide table for Comparison of OLD GRE and NEW GRE Scores
    18.GRE Big Book
    how can i get this books?????reply asap
  • etermpapers5
    etermpapers5
    Thanks for giving all this info here,its informative for many students and its my advice to take Kaplan more seriously its a nice book define everything in a easy form and also provide a valuable material.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The overall testing time for the computer-based GRE revised General Test is about three hours and 45 minutes, plus short breaks. There are six sections to the revised test: One...
1. โ€‹ The figure above shows a circle with center C and radius 6. What is the sum of the areas of the two shaded regions? 7.5 ฯ€ 6 ฯ€...
1. Each employee of a certain company is in either Department X or Department Y, and there are more than twice as many employees in Department X as in Department...
Questions of this type ask you either to enter the answer as an integer or a decimal in a single answer box or to enter it as a fraction in...
๐Ÿ˜”I have to do an assignment about the Shielding Performance of IT cable. Could you guys give me an idea of what are the performances of shielded cable?