New Concept by Airbus: A transparent airplane!

Airbus MUST BE gathering some best brains to do some seriously cool stuff like this.

They are thinking of a futuristic craft that would comprise of a lightweight ceramic material where in at the push of a button, passengers could send electricity through a cabin’s ceramic exterior thus causing a chemical reaction that renders the ceramic transparent. 😲 (I mean wow! What a concept!)

Not only would passengers be able to see completely out of the side of the airplane but also directly above and below! 😁

Among the other features planned for this yet unnamed aircraft are:

• self-cleaning seats,
  • nano-capsules that automatically seal structural fissures,
  • engines embedded into the fuselage (to reduce external plane noise) and
  • energy-gathering solar panels on the wings.

What a flight it would be! 😎 ... I am already imagining things.

What do you think CEans? Will this concept come into reality? Is this feasible?
If yes, what's your take on this? πŸ˜€

Replies

• durga ch
    durga ch
    then no need for sky-diving πŸ˜›
    nevertheless- I think there is similar technology where the glass windows can turn transparent or opaque based on user requirements

the below is best vedio I found :-|

[video=youtube;-aliXxhFmd8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-aliXxhFmd8&feature=related[/video]

on the second note- I might feel terrified to see below some 10s and thousands of feet !
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    😁 So, that means it really is possible.

I can't wait for such an airbus. (right now...Chairborne to Airborne) 😁

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Technology Robotix Society invites all robot enthusiasts to ROBOTIX 2011. Robotix is Asia's largest college level robotics fest held in IIT Kharagpur during its techno-management fest Kshitij from 28th-31st Jan...
friends can anybody give any guidance on etap like any tutorials or ebooks
Here's how the laptops from the future will look like. The name laptop will be replaced by what we'd call a 'rolltop' -
Source: Mail being circulated by RKNEC Alumni Association - Dear Ramians (Alumni) We are going to celebrate the RKNEC International Alumni Day on 26th Dec. 2010 (Sunday). It is full...
Wishing you many many Happy Returns of the Day Scorpian King. Happy Birthday to you SilverScorpian