New 3D imagery for Google Earth for mobile

Since 2006, we've had textured 3D buildings in Google Earth. Now, Google has added 3D models to entire metropolitan areas to Google Earth on mobile devices in the near future.
Google is creating 3D cityscapes, complete with buildings, terrain and even landscaping, from 45-degree aerial imagery. This is all thanks to new imagery rendering techniques and computer vision,
By the end of the year, Google aims to have 3D coverage for metropolitan areas with a combined population of 300 million people. Check -

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Simple & honest comics from Cyanide & Happiness. These strips never lose the charm. Here's one about the very popular Interview Question - Where do you see yourself in 10...
Today's episode seems to be dedicated to drinking and alcoholism. I'm quite sure there are many CEans who drink in the name of social drinking. Now this, I know, is...
i am getting MSc(tech) information systems in hydrabad campus.......should i take it ?? is it good ?? also are there any chances of branch upgradation ???
Hi there. Can you help me solve this,please? Find the extreme values of the function f(x,y) = x^4 + y^4 - 2(x - y)^2 ≤ 0 Is it the same...
Hey Guys, My name is shawrix..currently i am studying EC(1st year) from Rampur (UP).