NEURAL NETWORK BASED AUTOMATED SYSTEM FOR THE DIAGNOSIS OF CERVICAL CANCER

Project Abstract / Summary : The main objectives of our project are:
· To develop an automated system that enable proficient and effective detection of Cervical Cancer.
· The algorithm must be reliable and speedy in its prediction for an unseen biopsy slide image.
· Making use of image processing and neural network tools to achieve the same.
· The Neural Network system is designed, trained and simulated to classify cancerous and non-cancerous; and if cancerous it is further classified as Low grade or High grade cancer.

Why did you choose to work on this project topic : Cervical cancer is the second most common cancer among women and is the primary cause of cancer-related deaths in developing countries.
Every year cervical cancer is diagnosed in about 500,000 women globally and is responsible for more than 280,000 deaths annually.
India has a population of approximately 365.71 million women above 15 years of age, who are at risk of developing cervical cancer.
There are currently several cervical cancer research programmes in India. The National cancer registry programme, established by the Indian council of medical research, acts as a surveillance system for cancer in India. This will lead to increase in number of patients across the country.
Therefore there is a need for an effective and fast method for the diagnosis of cervical cancer, reducing the work load on pathologists. Our project aims at developing a novel method for detection of cervical cancer which is speedy in its diagnosis.

Project Category : Electrical / Electronics / Communication
------------------------------------------------------
Institute/College Name: B.M.S INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY
City: Bangalore
State: Karnataka
Participating Team From: Final Year

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Project Abstract / Summary : In this project appropriate distance measuring sensor is used to detect the distance of the reverse parking or front parking of the car and at...
Project Abstract / Summary : It's android game in which arrow should be sent using bow towards target and there are some levels. With each level some change happens regarding...
Project Abstract / Summary : Our project is a multipurpose agriculture vehicle.It was the world 1st machine which is used for both cultivating and harvesting the crops at lower cost....
The much anticipated and greatly scrutinized conference by Apple on 9th March wasn’t just about the new Apple Watch. Along with the watch, Apple also unveiled the new thin MacBook...
I have submitted my experience to the State twice already with a response both times that I am not detailed enough in my experience descriptions. To avoid submitting for a...