Netherlands Government Wants Immigrants To Learn Dutch Or Get Out!

It's interesting! Boy, it surely is interesting! The government in the Netherlands has the immigration law that requires the immigrants to show proficiency in Dutch language and also have the cultural knowledge. Those who fail to comply with the laws may face deportation! Well, I'm not making that up; in fact you can read about it on TIME Magazine: Netherlands to Immigrants: Learn Dutch or Fear Deportation | TIME.com

What's more interesting is that the Government is making the tests too hard to pass. I'm a little shocked by the brazenness of the small country in Europe that wants to preserve its own language and culture by setting up rules.

What's your take?

Replies

• Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Its a bad idea of forcing immigrants to learn their country language as mandatory.It may decrease the amount of immigrants to dutch (netherland).
    i dont think it can increase cultural benefits .It should be learned with passion not by any enforcement.

I am against the idea.
    😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Gionee has come up with yet another smartphone called the "Gionee CTRL V5" the features a 11.9 cm (4.7″) qHD Display with 960×540 pixel resolution. Powered with a 1.3 GHz...
Dear Sir/Madam, Please let me know how can i download the previous year question & answer of C-cat. And I am not finding these books online i.e 1.Data Structures Through...
Grove.io was launched with an aim to reduce the time for setting up an IRC server. Built on the IRC protocol, Grove.io allows businesses to set up their own web-based...
Mozilla is back in news and we are as excited as the officials to explore the all new Mozilla Firefox 29. The new version of the popular open-source browser features...
(Came in email) @Kaustubh Katdare Are posts like this useful to anyone? Are they a nuisance and best avoided?