Netflix released it's 'Chaos Monkey'

Netflix has now open sourced it's Chaos Monkey on 30th july. Chaos Monkey is nothing but a wild monkey that is left open within a cloud to terminate instances. Sounds crazy at first, but the agenda is - 'often self-failures to prevent unexpected failures'. Each time the service is failed, it becomes more resilient. Chaos Monkey runs in the Amazon Web Services and terminates virtual machine instances. As soon as the instance is terminated, Amazon's Auto Scaling Group detects the instance terminated and generates a new but similarly configured instance. The monkey is programmed to work from 9am to 3pm (the usual working hours). It is also made sure that in case of any problem, engineers are available so that users don't suffer any problem.
Since the Monkey is now open sourced, it's code is available for free and can be changed. Other cloud providers are free to allow the Chaos Monkey in their premises.

Replies

• durga ch
    durga ch
    i still need to understand the purpose of this monkey, can someone throw more light?
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    durga
    i still need to understand the purpose of this monkey, can someone throw more light?
    My friend was working on this for some Zig bee network. I too want to know more about this Chaos Monkey.
  • Smeechi Mittal
    Smeechi Mittal
    godfather
    My friend was working on this for some Zig bee network. I too want to know more about this Chaos Monkey.
    You can refer this :
    #-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Microsoft just updated Homail as outlook..... just login to outlook.com from your hotmail/live credentials . First look is very simple and just simple looking mobile OneNote app and pretty fast.
can anyone tell how to design scissors for a blinds?? this was a question of a competitive design exam...
The Gmail for iOS had earlier facilities to email from alternate addresses, get notifications and supported persistent logins. Now, with the Gmail update 1.3 the feature to save photos finally...
hello guyzz.. i m B.E. student. I m intersted in above mentioned topic.. but i dont have much info on it.. like.. I want to know its hardware/ software specifications......
Scientists at the University of Akron, USA have announced a new color-changing lens that can detect glucose levels in tears.These lens will help the diabetic patients to check blood sugar...