net connectivity problem

hey ...
I own a hp pavilion dv5 laptop with windows vista...
Some days back I restored the system due to some unknown files and folders such as $recycle.bin,system volume information in every drive.
Thereafter, I am facing troubles in accessing net(in every browser), as in modem displays connectivity but everytime it comes up with the message 'Page cannot be displayed'. The USB modem is working properly in other systems.Can anyone please suggest a solution besides formatting? kindly help......!!!!

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    From what you wrote, I guess the USB modem might show activity, but you are not actually connected to the Internet. Have you checked

Control Panel\Network and Sharing Center for successful connectivity?
  • Saminder
    Saminder
    As you are using a usb modem which is not the best in the business .
    I think you use Lan cable for ur net using.
    Now , the problem you are having , I had also experienced it ..
    The best solution is to check whether a process "Generic Host Win32" is not going on ..check it ,if it's going ,close it.It also solves the problem.
    If it doesn't works then u must scan ur system with some good antivirus..eg: Zone Alarm is the good one.
  • megha chhabra
    megha chhabra
    thanks for the information but how to check for "Generic host win32" .what is it all about.
  • sirijagan
    sirijagan
    I had faced the same issue. the main Problem is with the IP address. Your IP address is not detected by the local server.
    Go to settings-> control panel->Network connection and fill out the form with requested options and retype your IPaddress.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Could be a number of issues. Other than the ones highlighted by CEans here, your firewall could have a problem too.

Can you confirm of the IP is the main issue?

You can also check your connection settings via the "ping" command in the Command Prompt window. Type in for example:

ping www.google.com

And you should get some replies for packets sent 😀 If that works, maybe the browser itself is an issue. Have you tried another browser?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Name:Utir Hans *Engineering Trade:Computer Science Location:Jaipur *Occupation: Students(3rd yr) Work Experience: (if applicable) *Hobbies & Interests: programming,net surfing nd travelling knowing new facts specially in d fields of computer *Aim...
what does active and passive technology of 3-d scanner means?
Hi, I am having a problem from the past few days.Whenever I switched on my pc ,I see that my system's date is changed to the 2004 March. For solving...
hey i recently given ma hsc exam .....n i wud lyk 2 noe abt .....sum gud engineering colgz in mumbai offering electronics n telecommunication ..... i wud be gr8ful ...for...
Hi all, i am still working on my fyp i have now tested the motors with the drivers and all is good also i got my labview program up and...