need urgent help - accelerometer set up

I have two dual axis ADXL203 accelerometers. However, I am supposed to get acceleration data in three dimensions. My professor advised me to get dual axis instead of triaxial accelerometers becuase of the easier soldering process.

How should I set up the two accelerometers to get three dimensional data?

I really need some help.

Thank you in advance

Replies

• Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    rather than creating Confusion... Its better to use the triaxial accelerometer directly.
  • singhp2
    singhp2
    that is what i wanted to do...but my professor really didn't want me to use the triaxial ones because of the difficulty in soldering...so I don't have a choice but to use dual axis accelerometers...my deadline is approaching soon πŸ˜”...any help please
  • sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    well soldering difficulty cant be the reason for not using tri-axial accelerometer,you can use a connecter instead of directly soldering!!!
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    I know this might sound obvious, but try putting one of the accelerometers on its side so one of its axis aligns with the Z axis. The issue you'll have is calibrating the output properly. One way is to just toss the circuit down and see if it really measures 9.81 πŸ˜‰

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I have some acceleration data that I received from an accelerometer and used an A/D converter before sending the data to my computer... how do I use Matlab to integrate...
This Will Do the +,-,*and / of the complex numbers /*Operator overloading for complex Numbers*/ #include #include class complex { float real; float img; public: complex() { real=img=0; } complex(float...
Hello everyone, Please do let me know what you think of the following by clicking on the link --> Theft, Copyright Infringement, File Sharing and Piracy 😁😁😁 Cheers, Suyash
CEans, Quick Heal CEan Of The Month, March '09 is.. 😁Shalini Goel aka CEan - shalini_goel14 😁 *Shalini Wins* Quick Heal Total Security 2009 [10 in 1 protection for PC!]...
Discuss the announcement: https://www.crazyengineers.com/forum/announcements/18864-quick-heal-cean-month-march-09-a.html in this thread!