Need to turn my blog into mini forum for readers

I was wondering if there can be some blog-template which allows me to convert my blog into miniforum thing. Here is what I want. There will be a widget on blog named "Ask Me" or something like that which will have an appearance like "Search" widget. No name, email, or login required. The readers will ask a question which will automatically be promoted as a blog post. So others can answer that post (question asked in that post) in comments section. Hope I am clear. Do let me know your doubts.
Thanks !

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Looking at the links in your signature, you are running your blog on blogger's servers. The most convenient way to modify your blog is by hosting it on your own server ๐Ÿ˜€ .

That said, you can't add the miniforum functionality through a template. I'd recommend a meeboo or similar mini-chat plugin (even Gtalk embed!) that will solve the purpose. You can easily insert the code into your blog sidebar.

Tip: If you aren't keen on using blogger, I suggest moving your blog to wordpress environment.
  • Vega
    Vega
    Hey, Big K, Thanks a lot for your quick reply ! Hosting a blog on my own serve would be difficuilt for me as I hardly know about it and quite reluctant to learn in that area. ๐Ÿ˜€

Chat thing looks a good option, but it won't save things automatically. I would have to record them and create their posts. Maybe a shoutbox can help for this. Let's see.
    Anyway, Thanks a lot! ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Maybe you could just create a static page that welcomes questions from your readers in comments ๐Ÿ˜‰ . That's the easiest thing to do.
  • Prasad Ajinkya
    Prasad Ajinkya
    Vega,
    Use a shoutbox ๐Ÿ˜€ (Google it if you dont know what I am talking about)
  • Vega
    Vega
    The_Big_K
    Maybe you could just create a static page that welcomes questions from your readers in comments ๐Ÿ˜‰ . That's the easiest thing to do.
    agreed and implemented. ๐Ÿ˜€ Have a look here. Getting Started with Excel

@ Kidakaka, yeah I know shoutbox and I had thought about it. Yes, I may add it later along with this welcome-page. So readers will get choice. ๐Ÿ˜€
    Let's see.
  • Prasad Ajinkya
    Prasad Ajinkya
    Vega,
    One more thing. Shift to Wordpress platform. It's wayyyy better ๐Ÿ˜€. I used to have my blog on the Blogger platform, but last year I shifted to WP, and its awesome.

WP Pwwns Blogger ๐Ÿ˜€

Heres my own experience - #-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

A major earthquake struck southern Haiti on Tuesday (12th Jan 2010), knocking down buildings and power lines and inflicting what its ambassador to the United States called a catastrophe for...
can i know about ATM cards and ATM machine sensors please. I am B.Tech student in ECE field
It is the book written by Robert T. Kiyosaki. And for...:smile: *People who are ready to mave beyond job security and begin to find their own world of financial freedom....
Time is an equal opportunity employer. Each human being has exactly the same number of hours and minutes every day. Rich people can't buy more time.Scientists can't invent new minutes.And...
Wishing all Crazy Engineers a very happy Lohri to all of you ceans ๐Ÿ˜› . Have a wonderful day.