Need to know learning python a good choice being a manual tester

Hello,
Myelf i'm Krishnapradeep currently working in manual testing domain fully functional, my experience is close to 1.8 years. Planning to move to automation testing given the current market demands/business needs.My plan is to learn python,is that gong to work?

Can someone suggest me if i've chosen wrong path. Also it would be pretty much helpful if you can give me the scope of python in testing career (whether or not vastly used). When i discussed with people a few suggesting selenium. Just a sort of stuck myself, thought this is the place to avoid confusions

Please fell free to suggest, let me know other things if there are any that helps me.

Finally i stay in chennai- Could someone tell me the best institute yo learn python/selenium i've gone through the reviews, can't judge. Need to hear this from someone who has trained in particular academy/institute. Thanks

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Will Python help in automating your tests? Can't say for sure because a lot would depend upon the framework that's being used to develop the product or service. Also, a lot would also depend upon the kind of testing your company expects you to do. If you're into functional testing as a front-end user, you might be good with Selenium.

In our projects, we use PHP for automating the tests. That's because the framework we're working on makes use of PHP and writing unit tests becomes super easy.

Python would help understand coding and it will work. I'd learn Python 'just like that'. It might be useful in picking up any new testing framework that you decide to work on.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Did anyone hear about Crypto currencies? Just interested to know what budding engineers have to say about crypto currencies, especially if you have heard about XRP (Ripple). Does crypto currency...
Just came across this video that seems to be going viral on the Internet. Apparently, Droom is selling helmets for cheap and the quality isn't up to the mark. Have...
Can anyone help me regarding analysis of the components for a measuring gauge,which have been designed by me.I have Auto Cad 2007 software and analysis part is absent within this...
Is calculator allowed in GATE exam? Is calculator allowed in GRE? Or is calculator allowed in Tech Mahindra Aptitude Test? - some of the questions we get almost every week...
Can anyone help me regarding analysis of the components for a measuring gauge,which have been designed by me.I have Auto Cad 2007 software and analysis part is absent within this...