Need to buy a 8051 microcontroller

Hello everyone, I need an 8051 trainer kit. Since I am almost done with the theory, I think it will be good to prepare projects.

So can you guys please suggest me a trustful site from where I can buy one through COD?

Replies

• Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    You mean Programmer, right ?
    If it's so then : #-Link-Snipped-#
    #-Link-Snipped-#

8051 is so 90's,If I was you; I would've spend my dimes on Arduino rather than 8051.
  • mifo
    mifo
    Abhishek Rawal
    You mean Programmer, right ?
    If it's so then : #-Link-Snipped-#
    #-Link-Snipped-#

8051 is so 90's,If I was you; I would've spend my dimes on Arduino rather than 8051.

Thanks for the reply, the sites you listed are good but it would have been more good If you can list the sites supporting payment through CASH ON DELIVERY.

And also why is it good to learn arduino, I think learning 8051 is good since it is an older one and a what a learner needs to learn is programming. So by learning a uc which supports basic instructions develops a good programming skill.

Please, do correct me if I am wrong.
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    mifo
    I think learning 8051 is good since it is an older one and a what a learner needs to learn is programming. So by learning a uc which supports basic instructions develops a good programming skill.
    That's a myth, you know.
    You don't need to learn 8051 very deep just to know programming & how microcontroller works. Just clear the basics & start learning the microcontroller which are used currently.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    mifo
    Hello everyone, I need an 8051 trainer kit. Since I am almost done with the theory, I think it will be good to prepare projects.

So can you guys please suggest me a trustful site from where I can buy one through COD?
    I don't think you will get COD option for electronics kits.

I know one guy locally they used to sell such kit not sure if they have website but price may be cheapest for sure.
  • mifo
    mifo
    Abhishek Rawal
    That's a myth, you know.
    You don't need to learn 8051 very deep just to know programming & how microcontroller works. Just clear the basics & start learning the microcontroller which are used currently.
    Ok, but I think learning ARM microcontrollers is good from industrial point of view.
  • mifo
    mifo
    Harshad Italiya
    I don't think you will get COD option for electronics kits.

I know one guy locally they used to sell such kit not sure if they have website but price may be cheapest for sure.
    So do you think online payment is reliable in case of electronic kits?
    There is no saying that they will deliver the product safely.😕
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    mifo
    Ok, but I think learning ARM microcontrollers is good from industrial point of view.
    ARM microcontrollers ? 😨
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    mifo
    So do you think online payment is reliable in case of electronic kits?
    There is no saying that they will deliver the product safely.😕
    The first link which I have mentioned (robokits) is located near to my house. I think they're trustful.
  • mifo
    mifo
    Abhishek Rawal
    The first link which I have mentioned (robokits) is located near to my house. I think they're trustful.
    Actually I live in Allahabad district of Uttar Pradesh, but still I will give it a try.

Thanks for all the help 👍
  • mifo
    mifo
    Abhishek Rawal
    ARM microcontrollers ? 😨
    Yes, they say that most of the projects are made on ARM microcontrollers in industries.
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    mifo
    Yes, they say that most of the projects are made on ARM microcontrollers in industries.
    What I mean is, it's neither microcontroller nor microprocessor. ARM is just a CPU Architecture, ARM Holding sells the architecture to other companies like Qualcomm, Nvidia, Samsung,etc. These companies takes ARM core & builds all the I/O peripherals (So, I would say it is microprocessor)

however, many small-scale industries use ARM cores to develop the microcontrollers & even microprocessors.

Inshort what I mean is, there is no such thing as ARM microcontroller or ARM microprocessor. It depends on how you use the ARM core.
  • mifo
    mifo
    Abhishek Rawal
    What I mean is, it's neither microcontroller nor microprocessor. ARM is just a CPU Architecture, ARM Holding sells the architecture to other companies like Qualcomm, Nvidia, Samsung,etc. These companies takes ARM core & builds all the I/O peripherals (So, I would say it is microprocessor)

however, many small-scale industries use ARM cores to develop the microcontrollers & even microprocessors.

Inshort what I mean is, there is no such thing as ARM microcontroller or ARM microprocessor. It depends on how you use the ARM core.
    Ok, thanks for the knowledge👍
  • Ahsanul haque
    Ahsanul haque
    Sounds very interesting and helpful! Thanks for sharing MiFooooo
    You can collect from Ebay, #-Link-Snipped-#

Thanks
    Eng Remon
  • oprime
    oprime
    @#-Link-Snipped-# Don't buy a trainer kit. Buy an AT89S51/S52 and an USBAsp programmer. The USBAsp can be used to program the above mentioned microcontroller.
    I would suggest you try simulating your program in Keil/Proteus rather than buying an 8051.
    If you need to buy one, buy an Atmel Atmega 8/16/32 series IC (the atmega328/168 is used in the Arduino) and start practicing with it.
    Or buy a dev board for an ARM based controller from #-Link-Snipped-#
  • mifo
    mifo
    Ahsanul haque
    Sounds very interesting and helpful! Thanks for sharing MiFooooo
    You can collect from Ebay, #-Link-Snipped-#

Thanks
    Eng Remon
    • 😨 It is not that I want a microcontroller chip, but instead I thought of buying an assembly so that I can quickly move on to the real thing.
    • And also I don't have posted any thing helpful, I have just stated my issue.
  • mifo
    mifo
    oprime
    @#-Link-Snipped-# Don't buy a trainer kit. Buy an AT89S51/S52 and an USBAsp programmer. The USBAsp can be used to program the above mentioned microcontroller.
    I would suggest you try simulating your program in Keil/Proteus rather than buying an 8051.
    If you need to buy one, buy an Atmel Atmega 8/16/32 series IC (the atmega328/168 is used in the Arduino) and start practicing with it.
    Or buy a dev board for an ARM based controller from #-Link-Snipped-#
    First of all thanks for your concern👍 but I have some queries-

I have searched some Indian sites(like kits n spares) and I cannot find them providing your mentioned device, May be it is sold outside the country.😒

For software simulation, I would say that even they provide speed of developing programs and algorithms they wouldn't be helpful in tackling real life problems

Also are the features(architecture, instruction set) of atmel atmega
    similar to 8051.

To sum up I don't get why u guys are so against 8051 because from what I have seen on the sites and especially 'mazidi' they say that about half the production of microcontrollers is on 8051 series. 😕
  • oprime
    oprime
    mifo
    First of all thanks for your concern👍 but I have some queries-

I have searched some Indian sites(like kits n spares) and I cannot find them providing your mentioned device, May be it is sold outside the country.😒

For software simulation, I would say that even they provide speed of developing programs and algorithms they wouldn't be helpful in tackling real life problems

Also are the features(architecture, instruction set) of atmel atmega
    similar to 8051.

To sum up I don't get why u guys are so against 8051 because from what I have seen on the sites and especially 'mazidi' they say that about half the production of microcontrollers is on 8051 series. 😕
    Is Kits n Spares the only indian electronics related website you know of? 😲

It is the worst site for a hobbyist.
    Visit ventor.co.in, onlinetps, entesla, embeddedmarket, probots, ngxtech, nex robotics, rhydolabz. These websites sell products at reasonable prices.
  • oprime
    oprime
    The architecture of Atmega series is quite different from the 8051.
    8051 is very basic. Hence it is very useful for a beginner. Since there are very low number of peripherals and a great book like Mazidi, people are able to pick up the concepts quickly.

Newer controllers like Atmega or PIC have a lot of peripherals and lack good books. Hence beginners who are just starting out, get confused as to how the things work. Most people just copy the code and hope that it works.

That is why I suggest you use the simulator to learn about the internals of the controller (timer, interrupts). Then move over to Atmega and use their peripherals. Much more advanced timer and interrupt options are available there.

I hope you do realize that Mazidi wrote the book 5-7 years ago!

In newer designs, ARM cores are mostly being used rather than 8051. Old designs still use 8051's. ARM architecture is much more complex and you need to properly understand 8085, 8086 and 8051 before you start learning ARM. It becomes much easier then.
  • mifo
    mifo
    oprime
    Is Kits n Spares the only indian electronics related website you know of? 😲

It is the worst site for a hobbyist.
    Visit ventor.co.in, onlinetps, entesla, embeddedmarket, probots, ngxtech, nex robotics, rhydolabz. These websites sell products at reasonable prices.
    I never said that I searched only kit n spares, I said 'some' including kns.😨

But thanks to you I now no sites better than what I know previously👍
  • X_A
    X_A
    This post is old. I'm posting just in case someone goes through these comments.
    DON'T buy arduino if you want to learn microcontrollers and climb up the ladder in embedded domain. Arduino uses its own IDE which pretty much masks what actually goes on the board. It is for hobbyists not for serious people. You can't go anywhere up from there.
    Further, ignore anyone who suggests you to not to buy 8051 by justifying with comments like 'it is very old.. not popular in industry.. this is not current tech' blah blah. 8051 is something that justifies old-is-gold saying. For a complete beginner, go for 8051. The finest subject material is available on 8051. Every peripheral seems like the bare-bones version. Your concepts of timers, clocking, UART etc. would clear up a lot and you will easily start appreciating other architectures out there.
    From what I know - the ATMega, the PIC, the MSP430, the Stellaris, the LPC - these are all very good controllers BUT they should never be your first controller.
  • X_A
    X_A
    This post is old. I'm posting just in case someone goes through these comments.

DON'T buy arduino if you want to learn microcontrollers and climb up the ladder in embedded domain. Arduino uses its own IDE which pretty much masks what actually goes on the board. It is for hobbyists not for serious people. You can't go anywhere up from there.
    Further, ignore anyone who suggests you to not to buy 8051 by justifying with comments like 'it is very old.. not popular in industry.. this is not current tech' blah blah. 8051 is something that justifies old-is-gold saying. For a beginner, go for 8051. The finest subject material is available on 8051. Every peripheral seems like the bare-bones version. Your concepts of timers, clocking, UART etc. would clear up a lot and you will easily start appreciating other architectures out there.
    From what I know - the ATMega, the PIC, the MSP430, the Stellaris, the LPC - these are all very good controllers BUT they should never be your first controller.
  • Vipul_electronicscomp
    Vipul_electronicscomp
    you can buy from Buy Electronics Components Online in India - Electronic Components Store at lowest price with all features
  • RRITESH
    RRITESH
    Hello,
    Get start with Pic micro/Quick start

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

My Mobile-Odin is unfortunately giving me error report & thus I am unable to flash Stock ROM or anyother custom Kernel without using it. Also there is no Linux version...
Most of developers know number of technologies to work with but prefer some specific combination which they like most. As i like to work with the combination of Struts1 +...
Top 5 standard courses in engineering field: 1. Computer Science & Engineering/IT 2. Electronics & Communication Engineering 3. Electrical & Electronics Engineering 4. Mechanical Engineering 5. Textile Engineering 1. Computer...
I am thinking of doing a new project on reducing engine emissions. During intake stroke engine intake air thorough atmosphere which contains more amount of nitrogen than oxygen. This leads...
CEED is common entrance examination for design. It is used in qualifying examination for doing post graduate examinations in design on IISc and IIT s. It assess the designing and...