Need suggestions! online mock test platform

Hi everyone,
I was thinking to plan a mock test for pharmacy students. I am not sure which platform to choose. there a few online exam providers (which are charging 200 rs per candidate . others were offering a subscription service for as much as 50000/ year. I am aware of open source software that can do the same, but since I am not a developer I may face difficulty in customising. also currently my website is hosted on Godaddy which really sucks.
I am aiming for 1000 registrations .I e 1000 concurrent users. which of he above options should I prefer?

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Welcome to CE, @#-Link-Snipped-#. Good to know you're launching an online mock test platform. If you don't want to go through the hassle of managing everything yourself, I think 'ThinkExam' folks have a good solution to organizing and even monetize online examinations. I've not used the service so can't comment on the quality; but that's the only promising solution so far, it seems.

Godaddy isn't known for hosting. For 1000 concurrent users, you will definitely need a dedicated or a cloud based server. I personally would recommend Liquid Web - Managed Hosting & Custom Solutions platform built by LiquidWeb, which we've used and trust [Disclaimer: CrazyEngineers is sponsored by LiquidWeb].

TAO seems to be an open source system which should suffice your needs. Else you will have to rely on moodle and supporting plugins; I'm not sure how easy it will be to configure it.

Better, get a developer and get the system designed per your needs. Wish you all the best! Keep us posted.
  • avii
    avii
    Kaustubh Katdare
    TAO seems to be an open source system which should suffice your needs. Else you will have to rely on moodle and supporting plugins; I'm not sure how easy it will be to configure it.
    I would suggest Moodle over TAO because community support for Moodle is really good. And I did not like TAO because of its poor documentation.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Scientist CNR Rao isn't happy with the politicians and Indians in general, it seems. After calling politicians 'Idiots' for giving so little (resources, funding) to the scientists he went on...
I just want a ranking of cdac centers in pune.
Hello mates, Can you please give me a rough estimate for the break resistance factor for 3 pipes each one is 7 meters long and 4" diameter. The first one...
Hello, i have searched alot in google about the PSU's recruiting without Gate score 2014 card but i got nothing .. please help me.. can anyone tell me the name...
Adobe Flash is a battery eater and not recommended on OSX powered computers. If you won own a mac and want to uninstall Adobe Flash completely from your system, merely...