Need suggestion on Phd(CS) in USA universities.

Hi,
I am ME in Software engineering with good CGPA and did some lectureship in india.
Came in US on H4,changed to H1b,did few projects in java.But now because of recession and some personal problems i have been out of job for more than a year and going to H4 again.

(Overall i have 3 years of unemployment during which i did nothing so i am pretty late ,i am 31 compared to my batchmates.)

Now i think of starting Phd and i see competition is too high.

Please advise me what is required ,and what are my chances to get into top universities.

1.I studied B tech(CS) in regular college(not like IITs) with 68%
MS with 8.4 CGPA

2.I have no reseach paper -in my submissions as i never thought of Phd in future.Will it create some problems?

3.I want to start something quick.When should i write gRE/Toefl exams and earliest i can start?

I have no clue of higher education in US ,i was never interested before.
Is there any chance of getting something now?

4.If there is any other option for me ,i would be glad ot hear it.
Thanks,

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hey there, I have a robot as my FYP and it has two hobby servo motors Parallax Standard Servo (#900-00005) as manipulator actuators. the motor data sheet doesnt give extended...
which books to read to clear aptitude test for companies
i found that ce is not 100% compitable with opera. if any one is using it please rewiew it.😕
[FONT="]Technical Paper Presentation[/FONT]​ [FONT="]Participation: [/FONT][FONT="]Team of Maximum 3 members[/FONT] [FONT="]Rules & Regulations:[/FONT] ·[FONT="]Topic for the presentation has to be chosen by the participants.[/FONT] ·[FONT="]Maximum 3 participants per team.[/FONT] ·[FONT="]15 minutes...
Trillian File Size 15MB Trillian is a fully featured, stand-alone, skinnable chat client that supports chatting on Astra, Windows Live, Facebook, Yahoo, MySpace, AIM, Email, Google Talk, Skype, ICQ, Jabber,...