Need some assistance with a keyboard virus

I am currently working on a laptop with Windows 7 as the OS.

The problem was that upon booting into the OS the keyboard would not work. How ever in the BIOS, the keyboard worked fine. I learned that when I go into the keyboard settings, all of the functions (sticky keys, filter keys, etc...) had all been enabled. I disabled them all, and the keyboard worked fine. Then, upon restarting the OS, all of the functions re-enabled themselves.

I have ran Microsoft Security Essentials, Malwarebytes, Avira... Still can not find a cause for this. Any ideas?

Replies

• Rahul Jamgade
    Rahul Jamgade
    UnseenAcorn
    I am currently working on a laptop with Windows 7 as the OS.

The problem was that upon booting into the OS the keyboard would not work. How ever in the BIOS, the keyboard worked fine. I learned that when I go into the keyboard settings, all of the functions (sticky keys, filter keys, etc...) had all been enabled. I disabled them all, and the keyboard worked fine. Then, upon restarting the OS, all of the functions re-enabled themselves.

I have ran Microsoft Security Essentials, Malwarebytes, Avira... Still can not find a cause for this. Any ideas?
    Are we really sure that it is because of virus, if so please try few more like bitdeffender, Avast etc. If it does not solve the problem, there could be possibility of driver issues. Try loading (booting) OS in "Safe Mode". If there is any driver issue, chances are that you will be able to work fine with your keyboard.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    This might help you:
    In the control panel there's an applet called "accessibility options". You can disable sticky keys there, and you can disable the keyboard shortcut as well.

#-Link-Snipped-#
  • vinci
    vinci
    if none works,Format the windows .
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    Rahuljam
    Are we really sure that it is because of virus, if so please try few more like bitdeffender, Avast etc. If it does not solve the problem, there could be possibility of driver issues. Try loading (booting) OS in "Safe Mode". If there is any driver issue, chances are that you will be able to work fine with your keyboard.
    Having more than one antivirus might cause the system to collapse, as each act differently and its just like one bus driven by more than one driver!
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    vinci
    if none works,Format the windows .
    ๐Ÿ˜ฒ๐Ÿ˜ ... best windows feature it only took 45 min , even a complete virus scan take 1.5 hours๐Ÿ˜‰ ...

some years ago, one of my friend formatted his system because
    monitor picute rotated by 180 degree.๐Ÿ˜›.
    We still use to tease him on this. ๐Ÿ˜
  • vinci
    vinci
    that why i recommended ...๐Ÿ˜Ž and picture of monitor can be rotate as needed using keys ..I unknowingly did so but corrected it later soon
  • Rahul Jamgade
    Rahul Jamgade
    Praveen-Kumar
    Having more than one antivirus might cause the system to collapse, as each act differently and its just like one bus driven by more than one driver!
    I was not clear I guess, its worth trying different antivirus as all the viruses are not detected by single antivirus. Its trying it one thing at a time , reason being if you have multiple antivirus running, then none can give you proper results. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • vinci
    vinci
    more than one antivirus a a time may cause problem indeed.
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    Rahuljam
    I was not clear I guess, its worth trying different antivirus as all the viruses are not detected by single antivirus. Its trying it one thing at a time , reason being if you have multiple antivirus running, then none can give you proper results. ๐Ÿ˜€
    vinci
    more than one antivirus a a time may cause problem indeed.
    Exactly... ๐Ÿ˜€ But, even if you uninstall and put another antivirus with the previous one, it might have some adverse effects. Be aware of it... ๐Ÿ˜€
  • vinci
    vinci
    juts need to make sure your system has one and only one antivirus .thats it .
  • Rahul Jamgade
    Rahul Jamgade
    ๐Ÿ˜€ One Antivirus at a time . Hope that helps

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hi, nice to start conversations with you. i have been facing problem in connecting to net, by the way bsnl broadband is not been supporting in Ubuntu 10.04 and MTS...
CEans, Can we list the jobs that are outsourced? Application testing mobile/software is among the most outsourced jobs. But there is scope in other engineering trades too. Say CAD/CAM design...
Presenting the latest comic strip - Valentine's Day: Stuff That Happens In Every Engineering College Check it out:
Admission notification for IISc,bangalore has been published. Any one interested can go through the link https://www.iisc.ernet.in/students-corner/admissions.php
Again a famous question , similar to ones discussed by Google people and MS people when they are not working. You stand before a 100-story building with two eggs. Using...