need help with scalextrics please :D

Hello 😀

I got a scalextrics (its not real, A.N.Other brand) for one of my girls little boys for his birthday

First one track stopped working completely (i checked the car on the other track and also the other controller and they both work fine so it's neither of those thats faulty) and now both tracks are not working

I'm thinking it might be the transformer that has blown or something and have a fair few transformers lying around here

The original transformer had these details on it :

INPUT: 230V~50Hz 14W
OUTPUT: 7.5V = 800mA 6.0V

So my question is: Can i replace this transformer with one of a different power rating or not? and if i do, what will be the end result? for say ... an adapter with these details...

INPUT: 100-240V~ 50/60Hz 0.5A
OUTPUT: 12.0V --- 1.25A

and is there anything else i should try or do?

id like to get this going again for him (and me!)

from what i remember, it was overpowered anyway, you only had to barely rest your finger on the trigger and the cars would race away and spin off the track, so if i could underpower it that would be good

any ideas, advice, sarcasm, mockery or jibes are very welcome

thanks for your time

Dan

Replies

• gohm
    gohm
    I wouldn't suggest replacing with that transformer unless you want to make your kids scream and cry. =)
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    yes replace the transformer.

I think if you give under power the instruments inside the car will be over heated.
    So replace with properly rated transformer.
    😎

IF not buy a new one!!😉😉 (Easy task)
  • lukkbox
    lukkbox
    thanks guys

what about a variable voltage adaptor?
  • just2rock
    just2rock
    as you select the transformer ,voltage variator adaptor must match output current rating of the transformer used.However it"ll be better if you dont change the transformer since perpetual heat transmission will be different.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hi i am vinutha doing my project on remote remore pc administration using mobile on java platform i need some basic codes to start up the project. please help me...
Hello, everyone I'm byter. A newbie crazy software engineer, specializing in messing your system😎
Hey Frenz I am doing a project on wheel chair redesigning which makes the person comfortable to transfer himself from a bed to to the chair and vice versa. So...
A big hello to everyone.. And my best wishes for HOLI I am in 2nd yr computer science, from kurukshetra. I was searching for summer training institutes , and i...
I here many accidents because of short circuit , how do this happen wht might be the primary reason for this?