Need Help w/ Drop Testing apparatus

Hello everyone. I just joined. I THINK this the correct forum category for this and if not please correct me.

I'm more of a mechanics guy and know a little about electronics. I'm definitely a novice regarding accelerometers and am making an effort to put together a simple indoor, single axis, analog, drop testing apparatus to do some tests on helmets - which I understand have impact event times of about 10-15 milliseconds. The sensor will be mounted to a test head inside the helmet so that should change the event time detail and I don't know what that would be. I think I have the hardware parts identified which will be compatible - and those I'm not completely sure about either. I still need the data acquisition software to give me the readings of the Gs at impact. I don't think they'll be much higher than 200g. The only software I've found is at least several hundred $ and provides much more than I need #-Link-Snipped-#.

Does anyone know of any data acquisition software than can serve my needs? I just need it to provide the Gs at impact - really basic. It can be old or used or ugly but I do need it to be #-Link-Snipped-#. If it's free that would be BIG help too as the whole expense of this is for an R&D experiment.

I'm running Windows XP Pro (SP3). Thanks!

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Name: griffin Engineering Trade: Electronics & Comunication Engineering Occupation: Student I interested in Communication science Join to this forum because it's seem interesting
Dear all, can anbody help me by providing a write up on cofficient of impact for vanes? Regards
CEans, I'm trying to jump-start a new forum:Indian Mobiles Forum - to discuss Mobile Phones and Indian Mobile Network Operators. The forum is entirely new and I'm sure you'll find...
The phone I was using just broke. All I have is Rs. 6000 in my hand to buy a new one(Didn't expect this problem). But I have a lot of...
wake (n): An all-night vigil kept over a dead body before it is buried; the trail a boat leaves behind it in the water; a track or path left behind...