Need help on Speech Enhancement project

m student of final ...m swant to start my final yaer project in Speech Enhancement...plz help me in that ...plz tell me abt latest resecrch paper on it...

thanx
regards

Replies

• MatlabMentor
    MatlabMentor
    contact us at at yahoo com...please send more details about ur details and project details
  • ednan
    ednan
    but i cant understand the parameters used in it ...please if u help me out m very thank ful to u .

%SPECTRALSUBTRACTION performs speech enhancement using spectral subtraction [OUT,PO]=SS(IN,FS,P)
    %
    % implementation of spectral subtraction algorithm
    % noisy speech IN with fs=FS enhanced by SS and returned in OUT, P is the algorithm parameters as bellow:
    % algorithm parameters: t* in seconds, f* in Hz, k* dimensionless
    % 1: tg = smoothing time constant for signal power estimate (0.04): high=reverberant, low=musical
    % 2: ta = smoothing time constant for signal power estimate used in noise estimation (0.1)
    % 3: tw = fft window length (will be rounded up to 2^nw samples)
    % 4: tm = length of minimum filter (1.5): high=slow response to noise increase, low=distortion
    % 5: to = time constant for oversubtraction factor (0.08)
    % 6: fo = oversubtraction corner frequency (800): high=distortion, low=musical
    % 7: km = number of minimisation buffers to use (4): high=waste memory, low=noise modulation
    % 8: ks = oversampling constant (4)
    % 9: kn = noise estimate compensation (1.5)
    % 10:kf = subtraction floor (0.02): high=noisy, low=musical
    % 11:ko = oversubtraction scale factor (4): high=distortion, low=musical
  • t.lwinoo
    t.lwinoo
    hello adnan,

I'm doing the same thing for my final year project as well. Mine is on multi-channel speech enhancement. I am supposed to develop a simulation tool using MATLAB.

Currently I have read loads of stuffs on microphone array processing, delay and sum beamforming, etc.... But I have no idea on how to start writing the code. Can someone give me a sample coding regarding this project? I'd like to refer to it to start off since my MATLAB knowledge is very low.
  • sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    write the algorithm first,then develop each module and combine them,these are the basic things to write any code same applies here!!!......happy coding!!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi all.. i am a college student and doing a project on license plate recognition system...i had finished the program..but the problem now is to find suitable hardware for real-time...
Cross posted from : Wisdom in hindsight If experts are to be believed, the Indian economy is entering a phase where money will be slightly tighter than a year ago,...
Hi Guys, Guess Who - What - Where? Game Post an Image and the next CEan Guesses, where if it's a location, what if it's a machine or something, Who...
hi everybody, i'am a new comer and i ask this question as to how to start with a paper presentation i have no idea about what it is but want...
hi everybody.. i m nandhakumar pursuing my final year (mct) in skcet, coimbatore..