Need help on civil architecture

1 . My plot size is 30 feet * 56 feet.

2. In the gorund floor, I build the house using 12 pillars (each pillar contains four 16 mm rods and two 12 mm rods).

3. Each row contains three pillars and like that pillars built in four rows.

4. Each row is separated by 15 feets.

5. In the last 30 X 11 feets, we dont have any pillars/columns and its roof is simply hanging.

6. Can I build the first floor on top of the ground floor? is it safe to build first floor? or do I need to add any extra pillars/columns to ground floor?

Replies

• JAY CYRIL LONGTON
    JAY CYRIL LONGTON
    1) You should check the foundation depth at that specific area to withstand first floor loads
    2) If the ground floor has 9" walls supporting the roof slab it will act as a load bearing structure, hence you can build first floor with same wall pattern above
    3) Please consult with a structural engineer to visit the site before starting the construction work.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Micromax is back in the entry-level market with the launch of the Canvas Spark 3. The Micromax Canvas Spark 3 just like its previous iterations will go on sale exclusively...
Project Abstract / Summary : Automation in Jaggery making using PLC Sonal S. Sinde, Tejaswini V. Sarnobat, Ranjeet M. Kanase, Vijay R. Mali Department Of Instrumentation Engineering, Padmbhushan Vasantraodada Patil...
Project Abstract / Summary : The main concept is that using different brainwaves the user will be able to control a robot, while a microcontroller (Particle Photon) creates an online...
Project Abstract / Summary : Data deduplication is one of the important data compression techniques for eliminating duplicate copies of repeating data, and has been widely used in cloud storage...
Project Abstract / Summary : MONO TRAIN PROTOTYPE-FULLY AUTOMATED RAILWAY LINE ABSTRACT: Mono train are outfitted with a control system, which is programmed to make them following a specific path....