need help in using 6mm high speed drill

i'm using high speed drill 6mm in diameter to make a hole on S45C/SAE1045 carbon steel. the problem is, i don't know the suitable range of feed and rotation speed of 6mm high speed drill when drill over Hb190 hardness material. Anybody can help me on this drill processing problems..
😕

Replies

• raj87verma88
    raj87verma88
    What is the material of the Drill.
  • shahir
    shahir
    i don't quite know about the material,if is it high speed steel...how would it be?
  • Rifaa
    Rifaa
    U know what I do if I am going to drill steel, get a high speed drill bit, hook it up to drill, manual or stand and just drill at high rpm. Simple.
  • shahir
    shahir
    nope..im doing it for my research..not for home crafting...tq
  • zorif
    zorif
    HB190...
    you need solid carbide drill them with medium speed.feed iam not sure..give it a try.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

What is the exact meaning of paper presentation? Is it about presenting something about new technologies(which are found before a few days) or presenting our new idea?😒
I am working on c/c++ program that can alter the binary or hex value of the data and simultaneously we can do some operations like ORing, ANDing, XORing. My question...
Hi, I want to produce many analog output from a single PIC. Normally 1 channel analog output need 8 digital output from PIC (using DAC). How I want reduce the...
The problem is to derive the following pattern for n=5 in output: 1 2 3 4 5 16 17 18 19 06 15 24 25 20 07 14 23 22...
Dear Fellow engineer... I am looking for anybody who can help me with software, "gambit".