[Need Help in testing] Copy Camera photos directly to your Phone

I just happen to find out that Android KitKat 4.4.2 allowing camera even a Point & Shoot to connect with cable directly and import your photos to phone without any app or any configuration.
For DSLR, it's definitely working.
All you need is following cable to bridge with camera cable to connect the Camera with Phone
This is called On-The-Go cable cost merely $1-$2, can be purchased from local store.

41+N9v0CUjL

Procedure - (For engineers):
Just connect *bridge of regular camera cable with On-The-Go cable like this and phone will ask you to use Camera Importer/Gallery to import your photos.
SX40ConnectionWithAndroid

I have tested this with Canon Powershot SX40 HS and Nikon D7000 working without hassle. If not working just try disconnecting/restarting camera.

The Geeky Way– How to copy camera photos to Android phone directly without any app

If anyone have camera please confirm whether it is working for other Point & Shoot cameras and on iOS/Windows phone/Lower version of Android (may be Google+ or gallery app update required).
Please test and update here whether you able to copy your photos or not.

Replies

• Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    Why would you want to copy camera photos directly to the phone?

P.S.: #-Link-Snipped-#: Why do you use this: #-Link-Snipped-#? Is it because it's a Point and Shoot with a lower F number, and 35x optical zoom which comes at lower price - you know 'one-lens-for-it-all' scenario? Would love to hear your review about this. There's also a newer #-Link-Snipped-# varient now for 25K Indian bucks!
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Mathew
    Why would you want to copy camera photos directly to the phone?
    I should update the points in post.
    1. While you are traveling, you have to wait to come to home and then share the photos with friend.
    2. In travel what if your SD card is full and you need quick backup
    3. Even at home you take some really nice photos with high end photo but have to connect to computer to process it, while even phone apps are quite handy for quick edit and share.
    The main purpose of this nifty setup is to share quality photos with your friend right after you shoot with your camera.
    That's main market of new camera like D5200/Samsung Galaxy camera with wifi to share in real time.

Edit:
    Sx40 is my first camera I got 2 years ago, I bought because of longest zoom range and quite nice photos for that price.Yes F2.8 is widest at that time for that product group.
    It serves well and now I am giving it now to my brother.
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Kumar
    I should update the points in post.
    1. While you are traveling, you have to wait to come to home and then share the photos with friend.
    2. In travel what if your SD card is full and you need quick backup
    3. Even at home you take some really nice photos with high end photo but have to connect to computer to process it, while even phone apps are quite handy for quick edit and share.
    The main purpose of this nifty setup is to share quality photos with your friend right after you shoot with your camera.
    That's main market of new camera like D5200/Samsung Galaxy camera with wifi to share in real time.
    True that. Can you use this On-the-Go cable to simple copy to a USB instead of to the phone? I don't think it's a good idea to take a large pic on the camera and share through the phone's internet. The idea is good, but don't see much practicality while travelling in India with lower internet speeds.

If you want, the max you can do is make the image smaller and upload it. It's Nifty - true that. But clarity might get compromised.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    I don't think it's a good idea to take a large pic on the camera and share through the phone's internet.
    You can use Pixlr app to reduce size or you can edit in camera itself. 😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I hope you must have noticed this little addition to CrazyEngineers that makes the whole process of starting a new discussion or posting a new idea extremely easy. No matter...
I was reading an article in the Economic Times that Indian software major Infosys is considering hiring an Israeli consultancy firm to help boost its revenues by removing the bottlenecks...
Developed by Engineered Arts Limited, SociBot-Mini is a one-of-its-kind robot that has a fully integrated LED pico projection technology with custom developed optics. In simple words, the robot features a...
hi people! I hold a BTECH degree in mechanical engg. im working in L&T currently. im looking to do MS in aerospace engg. can someone suggest gd colleges. my GPA...
Founded in August 2012, CarIQ is a Pune based hardware startup by Sagar Apte. CarIQ helps make cars smarter by allowing the car and the driver to take decisions related...