need help for my project work

i am doing bearing cup using cold forging i.e backward extrusion process
the initial billet height is 13mm and dia 20mm my question is in how many stages i.e sequence of operations can we do this to get 14mm inner dia and 14mm depth

Replies

• Harish shekhawat
    Harish shekhawat
    gsk_ssit
    i am doing bearing cup using cold forging i.e backward extrusion process
    the initial billet height is 13mm and dia 20mm my question is in how many stages i.e sequence of operations can we do this to get 14mm inner dia and 14mm depth
    the knowlage of the material property is must , such as yeild stress ,ductility, elastic modulus of the material you are going to use .
  • gsk_ssit
    gsk_ssit
    yes the material used here is c45(AISI 1045) ,wat i want is sequence of producing a part
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Interesting.I also want to know about it.Can any one tell us a relation between the number of steps and size of billet?
  • mech. royal
    mech. royal
    any one can tell me how to decide the angle of fan of a heli copter.please give all the parameters
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Have you tried for existing ones? Why don't you connect them symmetrically? for example if you use 3 blades you can have them 120 degrees apart. The more important fact you must consider is what will be various angles so that the blades produce greater lift.
    The less number of wings you use the better but it will only require more power to be developed. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • mech. royal
    mech. royal
    ishutopre
    Have you tried for existing ones? Why don't you connect them symmetrically? for example if you use 3 blades you can have them 120 degrees apart. The more important fact you must consider is what will be various angles so that the blades produce greater lift.
    The less number of wings you use the better but it will only require more power to be developed. ๐Ÿ˜€
    ya we use 2combined blades having 15 degree angle at each side but it is not enough to lift.or we have to use heavy power supply which increase its weight.....which create a great problem.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

๐ŸŽ‰ ๐ŸŽ‰ Wishing MAD-Scientist a very very happy birthday! ๐Ÿ˜€ Rock on!
NIT Hamirpur(H.P.) presents NIMBUS 2011 Amidst the backdrop of the skylining Dhauladhar range, NIT Hamirpur , a premier engineering institute is all set to host NIMBUS 2011,its annual technical festival...
hey everyone! I have to give GRE exam but i am confused which one shall I give new or old pattern. I am not taking any coaching that means i...
Hey guys !!! ๐Ÿ˜€... I m new here ... bt feels nt so isolated to be wth crazy engineers ;-).. I m in my 3rd year of Btech in ECE...
Hey guys, I'm doing a project on wireless notice board, and my codes are in assembly language 1. The wireless module is zigbee, and it's from pc to PIC, 2....