Need help for my final year project.

What type of sensor i can use to determine the rotation of wheel and use it to turn the head lights. Actually my project is about automatic turning of head Lights in 4 wheeler according to the turn of the front wheel. This would help the people to see the road at night before taking a turn.​

Replies

• Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Well if you want to measure the rotation then you can use proximity sensor, but as you told you want to detect it in car then no need to install any sensor there is one sensor you can tap that wire and detect rotation of wheel.
  • Suresh Manickam
    Suresh Manickam
    godfather
    Well if you want to measure the rotation then you can use proximity sensor, but as you told you want to detect it in car then no need to install any sensor there is one sensor you can tap that wire and detect rotation of wheel.
    Thank you for your reply, but i am not asking about rotation of wheel, im asking about the turning of wheel from left-centre-right turn. I want a sensor to measure the turn of wheel and turn the head lights accordingly.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Oh! Then we can put one sensor in stearing and have you any idea how will you modified headlight? You need to install some stepper motor control.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Oh! Then we can put one sensor in stearing and have you any idea how will you modified headlight? You need to install some stepper motor control.
  • Suresh Manickam
    Suresh Manickam
    godfather
    Yes you got me, that's what my idea is all about. I want to know what sensor to put on the steering wheel?
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Accelerometer is one option which gives you x-axis movement based on stearing rotation or we have place some IR sensors array as you have to get the angle at which car is getting turn.
    Suresh Manickam
    Yes you got me, that's what my idea is all about. I want to know what sensor to put on the steering wheel?
  • Suresh Manickam
    Suresh Manickam
    godfather
    Accelerometer is one option which gives you x-axis movement based on stearing rotation or we have place some IR sensors array as you have to get the angle at which car is getting turn.
    Can you please be more clear, is it the only best way?
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Suresh Manickam
    Can you please be more clear, is it the only best way?
    I give you suggestion only. As per my point of view this is best. Now its upto you only.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

At TEDActive, Bruno Bowden shares the story of NORAD's Santa tracker -- and how Google is continuing the traditional holiday fun. It's a 3-minute talk. Check it out -
I am a second year Engg. student. 1) I want to ask you that is certified course are beneficial at the time of interview ? 2)I am thinking for GRE...
Bike. Run. Jam. Introducing Motoactv by Motorola, the ultimate fusion of fitness and music It is an android powered watch. WORLD'S FIRST GPS FITNESS TRACKER WITH SMART MP3 PLAYER, check...
Electrical or electronics engineers can just work on this idea as a final year project. I believe we've discussed it in tits & bits in various discussions on the forum....
Online protest seems to be a range among the youth. You can now join a protest right from the comfort of your home or your cozy cubicle in the office....