Need guidance: GRE or certifications in .Net or Java?

Need guidance

Hi aLL....
I am a BE (CSE) 2008 pass out, placed in TCS. I am confused whether to prepare for GRE with a purpose of doing MS (in software engg) later or do some kind of certifications in .Net or Java, that would help me in my career as a software developer in TCS and also in the other companies to which later I move on. I am intended to work in the technical stream always. Suggest me what would be better (among the two) to have a successful career in it.

best regards
PRATEEK

Replies

• prateekj
    prateekj
    Hi aLL....
    I am a BE (CSE) 2008 pass out, placed in TCS. I am confused whether to prepare for GRE with a purpose of doing MS (in software engg) later or do some kind of certifications in .Net or Java, that would help me in my career as a software developer in TCS and also in the other companies to which later I move on. I am intended to work in the technical stream always. Suggest me what would be better (among the two) to have a successful career in it.

best regards
    PRATEEK
  • rahul13695
    rahul13695
    Re: Need guidance

hi prateek
    As i know, u have to do SCJP(sun certified java programmer)
    certificaton as it help u so much
    in ur career as Engineer...
  • esakiraja
    esakiraja
    Re: Need guidance

Hi Prateek,
    Being in a company like TCS u'll not be knowing which domain u'll be getting into until u get into a project, So my advise is to not to do any certifications as of now. Apparently as a fresher u'll not be getting into the core deveploment projects(Development from scratch), where as u'll be put into enhancements or into production support. take up ur MS seriously and start preparing for it. Once ur into the project u'll come to know abt ur technology and after tat u can do ur certifications accordingly which will help u alot in technology wise as well as appraisal(Rating) wise.

All the Best
  • swaroops1
    swaroops1
    Hi Prateek,

As you are a fresher who has passes out, I think you need experience in technical field, you can even get the work culture and a great exposure where you can acquire a great knowledge which is more precious than going for MS. If you feel doing a MS you can jump to that with a great experience in hand, which is a great added advantage to your career.

This is my opinion.

Choice is always yours and only yours...
  • prateekj
    prateekj
    Thanks allot guys for your replies, I truly appreciate it.
    Well I have decided to join TCS, gain some experience and then will decide my further step, because as a fresher i feel one should first get acquainted with the work culture of the industry he/she belongs to and then decide what to do next.

thanks once again...
    regards
    Prateek

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hi everybody can u tell me that how can i decrease RAM usage while i m using windows vista...... please reply soon... with regards , Rahul
Hello People .... It's a great place for engineers of the world to unite and discuss their problems... so i joined up nice to be here .... more posts soon...
Hello all , well metallurgists wake up where are you people. No post from your side all chemical engineers are posting stuff here. think so some people would wake up...
Hey, I have been thinking about this experience: What would happend if we had a source of light in the space (the sun) and a part of the light travel...
Wish to discuss the civil engineering topic "buckling of long column". Long column buckles-why?