Need Everything About Suspension Systems

Hello, i am a senior student at my institute and we are going to design a light weight electric car as our final project. My topic is 'Suspension systems of lightweight cars'. So i need everything i can find, knowledge, document. I really appreciate if you help.

Replies

• Shashank Moghe
    Shashank Moghe
    So basically, you need a readymade project 😔
  • mechacan
    mechacan
    No i didn't mean that. I just want information about suspension systems. An article, a worksheet, a textbook etc.
  • Shashank Moghe
    Shashank Moghe
    I am not exactly a suspension guy, I guess those would be ones studying/working on Vehicle Dynamics. But since you started with an EV, you cut my domain completely out of the picture 😀 Anyway, if you can be a little more specific, I am sure I can help a little, if not anything.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    mechacan
    So i need everything i can find, knowledge, document. I really appreciate if you help.
    As #-Link-Snipped-# says it is a tall order and a rather narrow field even in Automotives.

There have been some other posts on CE on related issues.
    These two links may offer food for thought:
    #-Link-Snipped-#

#-Link-Snipped-#

Academia.edu has a paper on this:
    Recent Innovations in Vehicle Suspension Systems, which is uploaded.

Shashank may add his thought as well.
  • mechacan
    mechacan
    First of all thank you for your interest, i am going to read them right now.
    The name of our project is 'Campus Electric Car' and the other subtopics are:
    -Renewable energy technology for mobile ground vehicles
    -Electric cars
    -Power management systems
    -Energy storage systems
    -Drive systems in electric cars
    -Safety and regulations for electric cars

If you provide us any kind of information about one of these topics, my friend may take benefit of it.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    mechacan
    -Energy storage systems
    Lead Acid batteries are best avoided. They are heavy, not environment friendly, difficult to dispose at end of life and quite low bang for the buck. As of now the best option seems to be LiFePO4 batteries.
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    Lithium Iron Phosphate Battery
    #-Link-Snipped-#

mechacan
    -Renewable energy technology for mobile ground vehicles
    There is a lot of hype about renewable energy. There are two issues in such energies. Energy pay back time and cost pay back time.
    Energy pay back time refers to the time taken for such an alternate energy systems (wind, solar or geothermal) to develop the amount of energy originally consumed in making that equipment. This can be very long. Ten years is often the number.
    Cost pay back time refers to the time taken for the system to produce the amount of energy at current market rates to pay back the investment made in the system. The combined cost of both these can be unattractive. At least at the current level of these technologies.
    Leaving economics apart for now, in my opinion on board solar electric power for small EVs appears untenable. Solar or wind power generated at static locations and used to charge LiFePO4 batteries is probably more viable.
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    #-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

There have been some really good reactions (jokes) on CBs Half-Girlfriend. Which gave me an idea to set the ball rolling on CE. Let us create new jokes, which we...
Okay, this is going viral, so I thought I should post it here too. Soure: Much of the Open Source community tries to advertise the community as one happy place...
Quote: Are you mentally flat during brainstorming sessions? Do you have difficulty creating original ideas and thinking outside the box? Do you want to develop your creativity? Creativity is a...
Sixty years or so back I read the book Kon-Tiki by the Norwegian adventurer Heyerdahl. Seeing a Google doodle celebrating his 100th birthday brought back a flood of memories. The...
despite of all the other discussions, my MOM hangover is not down yet. sorry folks, but I had to share this video for the sake of humanity