Need a word of advice.

hey friends ,
right now into my 4th year of engg. in comp sci.
im in state of dillema as, im not getting any placements. and secondly i have in my to prepare for GRE for doing MS.
plz suggest me all the senior buddies what should i do. should engage in job hunt or start focussing on higher education.

Replies

• Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    Gaurav..I think this is problem of every engineer today..ie placement ...
    but I can tell you what are my plans after finishing Btech..?
    I am planning to build a web agency of my own....that is what i can say as i am also in 3rd year computer science ..and i am also getting worried about my job..
    please Ceans give some solid suggestion
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Well, even if you start preparing for GRE, you will have to wait for at least 6 - 12 months after your graduation before you MS term starts.

So the wise thing to do is to keep your job hunt on while preparing for GRE.
  • solo_gaurav
    solo_gaurav
    The_Big_K
    Well, even if you start preparing for GRE, you will have to wait for at least 6 - 12 months after your graduation before you MS term starts.

So the wise thing to do is to keep your job hunt on while preparing for GRE.
    yups means . suppose i get a job. then my call letter for joining would be of sept or aug. till that time i would taken my GRE. coz my semester ends in May 2nd week.
    than if i got about 1100 or say >1200 in GRE then what... can u give more views about this.
    thanks for previous reply. πŸ˜€
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Well, why worry for what's not happened yet? πŸ˜€ . Take your time to prepare for GRE without worrying for the results. I'd not advise you to take any decision just based on imagination.

Take GRE, get good scores and also get a job. Once that situation arrives, take your further decision.

Of course, all are with you to take the best decisions. πŸ˜€

[Be active on CE πŸ˜€ ]
  • solo_gaurav
    solo_gaurav
    The_Big_K
    Well, why worry for what's not happened yet? πŸ˜€ . Take your time to prepare for GRE without worrying for the results. I'd not advise you to take any decision just based on imagination.

Take GRE, get good scores and also get a job. Once that situation arrives, take your further decision.

Of course, all are with you to take the best decisions. πŸ˜€

[Be active on CE πŸ˜€ ]
    thanx The_big_K.
    thanks for responding to my problem..
  • Vega
    Vega
    My thought on this is that if one goes for PG after some work experience, he can fetch more from his PG course. The work experience, I feel, teaches a lot. The exposure one gets during a job helps a lot when you do your PG. Also you will have some money saved for expenses during PG.
  • Prasad Ajinkya
    Prasad Ajinkya
    Vega
    My thought on this is that if one goes for PG after some work experience, he can fetch more from his PG course. The work experience, I feel, teaches a lot. The exposure one gets during a job helps a lot when you do your PG. Also you will have some money saved for expenses during PG.
    I agree with Vega. Gaurav, if you are considering future education, experience does help a lot.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Which compiler is better for C/C++ ? Turbo C or GCC of Linux........ πŸ˜’ πŸ˜’
What are jsp struts?If anyone give me some easy to understand introduction..then it will be easy for me to understand it and learn waiting for repliesπŸ˜€
i am a third year electrical engineering student. i am planning to do some good project. kindly present me some idea.
A guy phones up his Boss, but gets the bosses' wife instead. "I'm afraid he died last week." she explains. The next day the man calls again and asks for...
I have just finished reading The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho and found it very interesting. The novel is based on two dreamers dreaming of treasure is inspired from Jorge Luis...