Need a idea for current equalisation?

Friend I laterally don’t know what this stuff is called a filter or something but I need a circuit or transducers arrangement which can equalize flow of current through given 4 conductor.

It is my better for me if you not include any IC or microcontroller stuff just use fundamental electromechanical transducers.

The compensating current of any conductor can be directed to rheostat to earth or better to have battery.

There is no requirement to maintain any specific value of current in the conductors only the flow in them should be same.

Or more clearly referring the figure I am getting Id1, Id2, Id3, Id4 different due to some load condition.

But I want a system that can make Is1, Is2 , Is3, Is4 equal to I a fixed value and the sources of each conductor have same voltage source.
EP 2

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Akhilesh, If you have a single voltage source and loads with unspecified variations, it is not possible to have all load currents equal because of Ohm's Law constraints.
    In essence you are asking for a constant current circuit, which automatically implies a variable voltage supply.
    Unless there are more details I do not think the concerned experts (there are plenty) here can give you any meaningful response.
  • Akhilesh Kumar Nair
    Akhilesh Kumar Nair
    A.V.Ramani
    Akhilesh, If you have a single voltage source and loads with unspecified variations, it is not possible to have all load currents equal because of Ohm's Law constraints.
    In essence you are asking for a constant current circuit, which automatically implies a variable voltage supply.
    Unless there are more details I do not think the concerned experts (there are plenty) here can give you any meaningful response.
    No sir each conductor have their own voltage source of same rating and sir please tell me other specifications you will need.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    I am assuming that even if the supplies are different the loads all have a common ground. Otherwise it is equivalent to having four unrelated circuits. There is no way of synchronizing the currents in such.
    If all loads have a common ground, then some circuit can be devised to handle the requirement. Unless the actual values of voltages and currents are known one cannot design the control system.

I am not an electronics person. There are many in CE, who can help provided the problem is properly defined.
  • Akhilesh Kumar Nair
    Akhilesh Kumar Nair
    A.V.Ramani
    I am assuming that even if the supplies are different the loads all have a common ground. Otherwise it is equivalent to having four unrelated circuits. There is no way of synchronizing the currents in such.
    If all loads have a common ground, then some circuit can be devised to handle the requirement. Unless the actual values of voltages and currents are known one cannot design the control system.

I am not an electronics person. There are many in CE, who can help provided the problem is properly defined.
    Sir I don't want actual control circuit I just want any concept to equalize the current taken by unequal variable load from sources of same rating but still for that you can take any general value like 230volt on each phase if you need and sir I don't get the point in common grounding of loads but sir you're free do any changes or assumptions that you require but just mention it
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Akilesh, edo kozhappam kanunnundu. There is some confusion. Let us say you have four loads with these currents: L1- 5 amps, L2- 4 amps, L3- 3 amps, L4- 2 amps.
    If you make all loads to draw 3 amps then the wattages of L1 will decrease by 40%, L2 by 25%, L3 remain same and L4 will increase by 50%.
    Is this what is needed?
    Does not make sense. Sariyano? Parayanam.
  • Akhilesh Kumar Nair
    Akhilesh Kumar Nair
    A.V.Ramani
    Akilesh, edo kozhappam kanunnundu. There is some confusion. Let us say you have four loads with these currents: L1- 5 amps, L2- 4 amps, L3- 3 amps, L4- 2 amps.
    If you make all loads to draw 3 amps then the wattages of L1 will decrease by 40%, L2 by 25%, L3 remain same and L4 will increase by 50%.
    Is this what is needed?
    Does not make sense. Sariyano? Parayanam.
    No sir, I already mentioned the question with diagram before please refer the question and diagram once again and I want to clarify that I have no control over load and neither I want to control the load.l just want to make flow of current through supply to be same in all the conductor and balancing current can diverted through resistance to earth or any arrangement.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    l just want to make flow of #-Link-Snipped-# through supply to be same in all the #-Link-Snipped-# and balancing current can diverted through #-Link-Snipped-# to earth or any arrangement.
    That only wastes power. Is there any reason to do that?
    In the house we have so many loads all running from the same 220 V AC supply, but each with a different current rating. We do not do anything to change this.
    You may be just academically interested in this or have a different reason for equalizing currents.
    Can you please elaborate?
  • Akhilesh Kumar Nair
    Akhilesh Kumar Nair
    A.V.Ramani
    That only wastes power. Is there any reason to do that?
    In the house we have so many loads all running from the same 220 V AC supply, but each with a different current rating. We do not do anything to change this.
    You may be just academically interested in this or have a different reason for equalizing currents.
    Can you please elaborate?
    Sir in my model I can't put transformer to equalize phase load as done in distribution in home as you mentioned sir so I need a control system to equalize current through my source machine and I have completely different type of loads connected to different phases.
    And sir presently it is model to justify my machines application so I am not so much interested in control system loss,my primary importance is to keep my machine safe .
    Sorry sir for not mentioning this before

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The man who has helped me most in my difficult times is Mr. Zamoor, a so called 'Muslim'. He has been like my elder brother for so many years, advising,...
CEoM Participants, We're aware of the issue that the CEoM score isn't updating for many (if not all) of the CEoM contestants. Please be informed that we are working on...
In the Google Play Store India, following are the top grossing apps right now. Downloaded tens of thousand times, these apps have pretty much been on the top of the...
Big Boss Mukesh Ambani led Reliance Jio telecom is leaving no stone unturned to enter the Indian 4G markets with a bang. We've written about Reliance 4G a lot of...
Acer has launched a new Google Chromebook - The Acer C720, which was debuted earlier this year. Brought to us by Google and Acer is a Chrome OS running gadget...