Need a good project

I have to develop a project in Computer graphics in c language.

anyone suggest a good project for this ?

Replies

• tashirosgt
    tashirosgt
    The so-called "Magic Eye" optical illusion is produced by displaying complex textures. (Magic Eye – Home of Magic Eye Inc.). Most people need training or practice before they can see this illusion. I think it is achieved by having a 3D model covered by a texture and then printing a representation of the 3D texture that is most sharply in focus when the viewer's eyes and mind interpret the 2D displayed image as a scene with some 3D properties.

Is it possible to achieve this effect without having a pronounced texture? For example could a picture of a face be made to have this illusion by putting very subtle texture on it or by printing certain landmark features of the face so the viewer's eyes and mind tend to interpret the image as a genuine 3D scene?
  • tashirosgt
    tashirosgt
    There is a type of optical illusion that causes 2D images to appear three dimensional. Usually people must train and practice viewing the image a little for this to happen. You can see examples at magiceye.com. The technique of drawing these images has been made public and I think yo will find it somewhere on the web. I think it involves drawing a texture on a 3D image and then rending a 2D image that is a combination of the two slightly different images that would be seen by the viewers eyes.

It would be interesting to investigate whether this illusion can be achieved with a more subtle texture. For example, can a human face be rendered so it has this 3D illusion without having an obvious texture on it.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Common questions around pressure into energy conversion answered in simple to understand language.
This is an article I completed yesterday. It is to be published in a magazine. Thought I would share with all of you and add it to the "Inside It"...
Hi i need help to get details for my seminar on motorator. Pls help thanks
These are the projects list for electronics\communication\instrumentation and control engineering students 1. Digital combination lock 2. Safety guard for the blind (proximity base) 3. Remote controlled land rover 4. Low-cost...
friends can anybody send me d oracle dumps for first module... or tell me any site from where i can get theme actually the exam will e in august n...